Honda HR-V Forum banner

What Aspect Of Your HRV Is Better Than Expected?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you have owned your HRV now for a couple of days or weeks.

What aspect of it is better than what you anticipated?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I LOVE IT! Kind of flattered, but aren't you curious as well?

Please send all replies to:

Marketing Department
Attn: HRV4ME
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7A
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, you are easily led. Flatter, but as you have seen from the beginning, just enthusiastic about the HRV...still surprised for a as interested as you are you don't already own one though...in time. :):D:laugh: No worries, it's all good!

No.....I'm certain you work for Honda

·
Registered
738 Posts
Going manual is what i know folks will be really thankful for, even more as they rack on more miles, as this one publication was:

It’s a minority opinion, perhaps, but in the HR-V we’d forgo the all-wheel-drive to keep the manual (and maybe our sanity). We’re enormously pleased that Honda offers a manual to begin with, because even in this class it’s no longer a given. The GM twins and the forthcoming Mazda CX-3 do not have a manual option.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I LOVE IT! Kind of flattered, but aren't you curious as well?

While I'm sure Jesus wants everyone on this board for a sunbeam I can't really get too interested in the minutiae of their personal car fetishes.

My current likes:
Electronic Brake Hold
Magic Seat
3-way back-view camera
Pseudo-lounge mode
Deep Ocean Pearlescent Paint
Sport driving mode

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like Gas Mileage, Lanewatch, and the Smart Entry features are most liked so far by HRV owners...interesting. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
We're still getting acquainted...but the push button start and smart entry really surprised me. I didn't think I was going to like those features as much as I am. Also, it is much quieter than my 2010 Kia Soul which I traded in and the ride is smoother than I thought it might be. Turning radius is not quite as tight as the little Soul but it's pretty darned good.

Really, the ONLY thing I am not liking so far is the lack of storage and cubby space in the front seat area. I realize you can't have everything and no design is perfect though so I will adapt somehow. But this is one area in which the Soul really shines.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, seems like the Smart Entry surprised everyone as the Gotta Have It feature. ;)

We're still getting acquainted...but the push button start and smart entry really surprised me. I didn't think I was going to like those features as much as I am.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes, seems like the Smart Entry surprised everyone as the Gotta Have It feature. ;)
Usually that's what i've noticed to be the case when it comes to a convenience feature, especially in a vehicle like this, just don't expect the same from a supercar owner :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I voted for quiet ride! This is the quietest, smoothest, most refined car I've ever owned. After hearing the Fit, could be a choppy, the smoothness of the HR-V was a pleasant surprise! Reminds me a lot of parents' Pilot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm going with the majority and saying the keyless entry and push button start. I love waking out the door in the morning and putting my keys in my purse. I don't take them out again until I get home. Then right on the table by the door they go! I have to keep that routine going or I could lock myself out of the house one of these days. lol oh, being able to lock the doors from the trunk is nice too.

I like being able to access my iPod from the touch screen. I could use my iPod in my last car (either via Bluetooth or plugging it in) but I still had to change artists/playlists from the iPod.

Also, I like the telescoping steering wheel. I have long legs so I sit with the seat almost, if not, all the way back. I like not having to reach too far. Much more comfortablast

The cameras. I was worried I wouldn't be able to back the larger vehicle into a parking spot but that's where the camera helps!

Last but not least... 4 doors and trunk space. Ha. I know it's not really a feature but my last car was the scion iQ. A 2 door micro car. I like sitting in the driver seat and no longer being able to touch the back window (at the time I bought it that was cute.... Long story on the abrupt change of heart).

I've had my HR-V 2 weeks now and love it!!

·
Administrator
1,822 Posts
Can you change these from the buttons on the steering wheel? Change albums, etc?
No, just next song. One might able to do that using voice command. I'm still trying to learn how to use voice commands.

Honda knows car, but they suck at car entertaining system

1 - 20 of 61 Posts