Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought of another pre-sales HRV question and since I don't plan on doing a test drive after sunset I'm wondering if an HRV owner can answer.

What color are the dashboard lights (tach, speedometer, etc.) at night?

I like the cool blue that Hyundai and VW use. Hate the red that Mazda has. Just wondering what Honda settled on for the HRV.

A related question, is everything inside lit up at night, including the window and lock switches on the door? What about the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Driver Switches are illuminated white. The only switches on the driver door that is not illuminated is the outside rear mirror controls. Also Passenger doors do not have any illuminated switches. Steering Wheel controls, sunroof controls, traction button, Eco Button, TPMS reset button, electronic parking brake control, and speedo/tach & digital readout (needles included) are all illuminated in white. Also there are 3 rings each encircling the tach, speedo in digital readout, these rings also illuminate white, however the ring encircling the speedo can change colors. Its also the ring the honda uses for Eco coaching so whenever you are driving efficiently the ring will fade to a solid green, if you are driving inefficiently it fades to what ever color you have it set on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I also read in another thread that you can change the color of the ring in the center. Cool!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought of another pre-sales HRV question and since I don't plan on doing a test drive after sunset I'm wondering if an HRV owner can answer.

What color are the dashboard lights (tach, speedometer, etc.) at night?

I like the cool blue that Hyundai and VW use. Hate the red that Mazda has. Just wondering what Honda settled on for the HRV.

A related question, is everything inside lit up at night, including the window and lock switches on the door? What about the steering wheel controls?

funny the red/orange bothers you, that was one of the final decisions for me to go HRV vs Subaru Crosstrek. The interior is hideous and the sound system bad. they are a few more years from getting it right but that red dash is irritating to the eyes

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Has anyone found a way to turn the eco-nanny off? I think I'm going to find that distracting and annoying.
As far as I am aware, it's not possible to disable the colored ring around the speedometer on U.S.-spec models, although you can switch through a spectrum of colors. Different strokes for different folks; it's one of my favorite features.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts