Honda HR-V Forum banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
I got my windows tinted this weekend, hoping it really helps out with the summer heat.
That all depends on what kind of tint you put in. It will help some, regardless, but if you chose the ceramic tint then it helps a ton. Otherwise, you are driving a black car, which is a heat sink. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V EX in white
31 Posts
I'd edit my post, but it won't let me.

I ordered floor mats, gap fillers and a trunk organizer. I also am getting an auto car starter tomorrow for it!

·
Registered
2021 Honda HRV Sport
5 Posts
Got my steering wheel cover in today! Since I got my car in Dec, it's gotten new floor mats, a cargo mat, car seat covers for front and back, dash cover, tinted windows, and ceramic wrap. I'd like to get a screen protector for the navigation screen too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That all depends on what kind of tint you put in. It will help some, regardless, but if you chose the ceramic tint then it helps a ton. Otherwise, you are driving a black car, which is a heat sink.
We got the “Supreme” from Tint World, which says it’s 2-ply carbon film with 50% solar rejection. My husband got it for me for Valentine’s Day, so I didn’t have much say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
F14622B9-C6EF-41A3-9D58-3F442E5012E9.jpeg 1BDAF9C5-A6DC-4875-842E-A12DA4C8926B.jpeg CF0072AD-0727-4065-8ED4-794A65C7AA0C.jpeg E44A32AE-7456-43C6-A2FB-B487EC7CAEB1.jpeg E6686E27-8881-4E72-AF06-C1CB9CBFC32A.jpeg

freshly clean on the outside, did a little detailing inside. Put nice black silicone frames around my license plates (not shown for obvious reasons), put new floor mats in, added my new trash can. Also I ordered anew snow cover with mirror coverings, which is sitting in the trunk. I’m so in love with this car!

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
186 Posts
Took out a Honda 3 Year Extended Guarantee which will cover the car up until it's 8th birthday, which is nice.

As it's pan European, and includes recovery, it may prove useful as my wife and I intend to do a couple of road trips; Lake Garda, Italy, and WW1 battlefield tours around Belgium and northern France.

·
Registered
261 Posts
freshly clean on the outside, did a little detailing inside. Put nice black silicone frames around my license plates (not shown for obvious reasons), put new floor mats in, added my new trash can. Also I ordered anew snow cover with mirror coverings, which is sitting in the trunk. I’m so in love with this car!

Looks good... except those OEM wheels.

This thread has an excellent discusssion and solution for those wheels and tires!

A before/after pic from that thread. Goobers' HRV.

Reactions: Jabu

·
Registered
31 Posts

Looks good... except those OEM wheels.

This thread has an excellent discusssion and solution for those wheels and tires!

A before/after pic from that thread. Goobers' HRV.

Would you recommend I just clean them, or look for new wheels/rims altogether? I'm open to both! I can definitely go over to YouTube and find ways on how to clean the tires and rims.

Edit- I've been looking into new rims....not really sure how any of this works. I know nothing about cars, really. Can anyone guide me in the correct direction? Hell, I don't even know the size I need for my car.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Would you recommend I just clean them, or look for new wheels/rims altogether? I'm open to both! I can definitely go over to YouTube and find ways on how to clean the tires and rims.

Edit- I've been looking into new rims....not really sure how any of this works. I know nothing about cars, really. Can anyone guide me in the correct direction? Hell, I don't even know the size I need for my car.

I don't mean to be negative and it's purely my opinion that those wheels are not that attractive.

I think you just bought your slightly used 2019 HRV.
I recommend that you just enjoy your new HRV for now. Since it's used, it may have some issues to be addressed.

The OEM Michelin tires likely have lots of tread left, although they are terrible in snow and your pics have snow in the background.
You may need winter tires. There is tons of winter wheel and tire recommendations on this forum.

There is a bit of aftermarket wheel and tire info on this forum. Take your time researching wheels and tires.
Leave that purchase down the road for a while.

Reactions: Jabu

·
Registered
6spd FWD
7 Posts
my momo shadow black air leather shift knob arrived from the momo website. shift knob secured in place by tightening 3 small screws provided. feels good in the hand, solid, appears to be of good quality
F890E1A5-62FD-476D-964E-AA5BD948D76A.jpeg
07DB4CC0-FDEB-42A5-B55B-E64546FA6997.jpeg
67D05594-FE27-47AD-8A30-76978A86F887.jpeg
F3635919-590A-4BE7-8ABE-84581DE0E72E.jpeg
382CD522-A149-4A55-925F-7B29B9887ECB.jpeg
B7AC7476-3951-423F-9664-833DC3B73262.jpeg

281 - 296 of 296 Posts