Honda HR-V Forum banner
381 - 400 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Put in a WeatherTech rear seat pet cover...... not a "custom fit," but fits well, feels incredibly durable, seems a quality piece - that and the new 2021 HRV comprised her birthday present.....she did OK, I'd say ;)

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
109 Posts
Technically this was yesterday, but it was a pretty busy day.

Picked up the new 2022 HR-V. Dropped in the K&N filter and blue interior LED's. Looks like the headlights are different than our 2018. I'd probably have HID's to put into the projectors, but they would be in the garage and it's still crushed from the tornado. Drove it around last night, and light from the headlights is better than the 2018 reflectors were with the halogens, so I can take some time getting the right LED's set up. Is a little annoying though since I've had HID or LED headlamps on all our cars for almost a decade now.

Pardon the mess. There is still damage and debris all over from the tornado.

Reactions: SlowFosho

·
Administrator
1,510 Posts

Picked up the new 2022 HR-V. Dropped in the K&N filter and blue interior LED's. Looks like the headlights are different than our 2018. I'd probably have HID's to put into the projectors, but they would be in the garage and it's still crushed from the tornado. Drove it around last night, and light from the headlights is better than the 2018 reflectors were with the halogens, so I can take some time getting the right LED's set up. Is a little annoying though since I've had HID or LED headlamps on all our cars for almost a decade now.

View attachment 32402

I'd go with LED's in the headlights instead of HID's. They don't have a Ballast so that makes one less thing to worry about mounting or messing up. Also, modern LED's are just as bright if not brighter than HID's and they don't dim over time.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
109 Posts
I'd go with LED's in the headlights instead of HID's. They don't have a Ballast so that makes one less thing to worry about mounting or messing up. Also, modern LED's are just as bright if not brighter than HID's and they don't dim over time.
Oh absolutely. Was just thinking of what I had laying around. I have a lot of HID systems from various vehicles and testing. I know for sure I have 9006 HID's for the high beam, and have some H3 and H4's in both LED and HID options.

Did discover that the 2022 headlamp and the 2018 foglamp are essentially the same LED bulbs (H8/9/11), so I dropped those into the headlamps today.

Trailer hitch arrived, but they mangled the wiring harness and connections by not packaging it properly, so waiting for that to arrive before I go installing it.

Auto-high beams seems to be a bit sensitive. We're out in the country and it kept popping the high beams off for some unknown reason last night. Will have to see if there is an adjustment for it later.

Reactions: SlowFosho

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
392 Posts
Auto-high beams seems to be a bit sensitive. We're out in the country and it kept popping the high beams off for some unknown reason last night. Will have to see if there is an adjustment for it later.
The reason that I got an LX, less stuff to go wrong. I've always gotten the "top of the line" model in my cars and suffered the consequences later when things messed up. This was the first time that I kept it simple and I'm sure in the end I'll be glad that I got the LX. That fancy stuff is great when it works but all of it never works all of the time.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
109 Posts
The reason that I got an LX, less stuff to go wrong. I've always gotten the "top of the line" model in my cars and suffered the consequences later when things messed up. This was the first time that I kept it simple and I'm sure in the end I'll be glad that I got the LX. That fancy stuff is great when it works but all of it never works all of the time.
Well when we had the 2018 EX it didn't have all these extras in it. It just had the basics we wanted, and the moon roof was kind of a bonus. So for the replacement we just got the same model, and was not expecting all the premium features from the top-tier EX-L to have migrated down to it. Interestingly though, the one extra that wasn't included was the auto-wipers. I find that a little strange, but on the same note, I am happy they didn't make it. Last car I had auto wipers on drove me a little nuts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Installed our real rear plate - the temp tag and dealer ad plate surround are gone daddy gone.....now I just need a few minutes with it to hit the dealer ad on the right side of the hatch with a hair dryer and some dental floss and some goo gone or alcohol, I'll be a happy man. If they wanted to advertise for them, I had no problem with the whole purchase....would be happy if they paid me too, but.....nope....will be gone tomorrow night or Sat morning......I hate that crap, was so excited to take possession of it that I forget to tell them to please remove it.....no biggie

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's why I bought my LX Fit back in '16 ... no touchscreen nonsense, just knobs/buttons/switches.....and a 6 spd manual and cd player....yeah, I'm a dinosaur of sorts....but I DO love my wife's EX HRV, is a nice ride, just a bit complicated to get it all sorted, her coming from her totaled Kia Forte and my old school kinda Fit. She's not sold yet on the Lane Keep Assist, or whatever they call it....they just repaved the road leading past our subdivision, it reads the lines great......the sensation is odd when there's a long curve and it follows the line, it is a bit weird when with a stright line, the steering wheel "vibrates" .....I think that's what she thinks is "funky," I told her she's driving too close to the center line......am in a bit of trouble for that remark this evening. I think it's a great feature, especially when we ever get to take a long road trip. MOur son has it on his /19 Civic Sport and loves it. I've been playing (experimenting) with the safety stuff in the HRV, seems to work as intended, crazy stuff....but our insurance didn't go up all that much, guess because it has a whole lot more safety stuff than her Forte did......RIP Forte SX, was a fun (kind of rough riding) car that served us well til a jerk rear ended her at a red light like a mile from home.....onlt need the usual routine maint and had one recall which only took like an hour....no complaints with the old Kia, no complaints with our '15 Fit LX, hopefully we'll have no probs with our HRV EX.......I'm adjusting to the touchscreen stuff, slowly......but surely

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
109 Posts
Today we installed the trailer hitch. Went to start on the wiring, but it started raining. Will do wiring tomorrow, and new trailer arrives Thursday.
Also replaced all the interior lights with blue LED's.

Still need LED fogs, high beams, and reverse lamps. Also need to install the horns, but most of my gear for that is still buried in the garage.

Reactions: Dammit

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nothing other than put gas in it ..... only thing she wants done on her new HRV is to get the front door windows tinted to match the back doors/hatch..... will; happen soon
Got the front door windows tinted to match the rear glass yesterday, looks great, they did a good job, although it's probably darker than the 35 legal here in TN....but man, it looks great on the white car. She had "illegal" tint on her previous car and had no legal issues with it in over 11 yrs, am sure she'll be fine - she drives "like a girlie girl" (no offense ladies on the forum, it's just an expression). Cops, at least around here, don't bother you about tint unless you're driving foolishly, excessively loud music/exhaust, etc.....That's why I got legal 35 on my black "car whose name shall be mentioned" :)

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
Ordered new rubber mats for our HR-V.
The OEM mats fitted by the dealership have a hole worn through where our RH heel (RH Drive) rests on the mat.
I bought these off eBay Aust. for $175.00 AUD. I did check with the Seller, they do fit our 2020 HRV.

Product Font Sleeve Auto part Brand

I also bought a Sunglasses Case off eBay too. Shame that Honda couldn't add an over head bin for 2 x pairs of sunglasses and incorporate the map lights into it like Subaru do in their Forester's.

Automotive lighting Goggles Rectangle Bumper Sunglasses

·
Registered
237 Posts

View attachment 32402

What brand of led or hid have you used in your HRV.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
109 Posts
What brand of led or hid have you used in your HRV.
Have used these...

Out of three sets, I have only had one dud so far. To be fair, the one dud may be my fault as well. Still looking into that one as it just occurred in this past week when we were driving through the mountains.

And on what we've done with ours... Just returned from a round-trip to Spokane. Went from 600 miles on the odometer to 5000 in a week. Will be getting the oil changed out this coming week, even though "oil life" is still reading 70%. (Never trust the meters. Always check the fluids yourself.)

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
Have used these...

Out of three sets, I have only had one dud so far. To be fair, the one dud may be my fault as well. Still looking into that one as it just occurred in this past week when we were driving through the mountains.

And on what we've done with ours... Just returned from a round-trip to Spokane. Went from 600 miles on the odometer to 5000 in a week. Will be getting the oil changed out this coming week, even though "oil life" is still reading 70%. (Never trust the meters. Always check the fluids yourself.)
Next on the ToDo list is change the year and model in your profile.
Font Art Event Fashion design Electric blue

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
109 Posts
Next on the ToDo list is change the year and model in your profile. View attachment 32606
Teehee. I had totally missed that part.

Also, an update for the link above. Apparently NightEye is now NovSight. They have some new designs, and there is a new package they have put together as well. This one has both the H11 low beam, and the 9005 high beam paired together.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T98WXSS
It's fairly reasonably priced at $70 US for all four bulbs.

As usual, the marketing is a wee bit misleading. They state 60W, 22000 Lumens. That appears surprisingly bright, and for sure it is.

Actual specs.
Low beams
  • 55W (per pair I'm assuming. It's also not the 60W stated in the Amazon title.)
  • 6500k color
  • 12,000 Lumens per set (6k each, and it states "up to" so maybe not exactly that many?)
  • 2-year warranty

High beams
  • 55W (Still not seeing 60W here.)
  • 6500k color
  • 12,000 Lumens per set (6k each again. So combined lumens for all four bulbs would be 22,000)
  • 2-year warranty

Now these are the brightest set they make (there are three flavors), and they supposedly have the narrowest beam. Suggested lifespan is 50,000+ hours, which is pretty standard for every LED system advertised. From experience I can tell you that mileage will vary greatly based on how well they are cooled, and how much of the heat builds up in the housing. Both of these have fans, so they might get a bit noisy too.
Company is in Hong Kong, so maybe some information missed in translation. Or maybe the bulbs listed in Amazon are updated from the bulbs listed on their website, and they are actually 60W.

I'll find out tomorrow when the set I ordered yesterday comes in. Oh, it's 1am on Friday already. I'll find out later today. Maybe will get some pics too.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
Teehee. I had totally missed that part.

Also, an update for the link above. Apparently NightEye is now NovSight. They have some new designs, and there is a new package they have put together as well. This one has both the H11 low beam, and the 9005 high beam paired together.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T98WXSS
It's fairly reasonably priced at $70 US for all four bulbs.

As usual, the marketing is a wee bit misleading. They state 60W, 22000 Lumens. That appears surprisingly bright, and for sure it is.

Actual specs.
Low beams
  • 55W (per pair I'm assuming. It's also not the 60W stated in the Amazon title.)
  • 6500k color
  • 12,000 Lumens per set (6k each, and it states "up to" so maybe not exactly that many?)
  • 2-year warranty

High beams
  • 55W (Still not seeing 60W here.)
  • 6500k color
  • 12,000 Lumens per set (6k each again. So combined lumens for all four bulbs would be 22,000)
  • 2-year warranty

Now these are the brightest set they make (there are three flavors), and they supposedly have the narrowest beam. Suggested lifespan is 50,000+ hours, which is pretty standard for every LED system advertised. From experience I can tell you that mileage will vary greatly based on how well they are cooled, and how much of the heat builds up in the housing. Both of these have fans, so they might get a bit noisy too.
Company is in Hong Kong, so maybe some information missed in translation. Or maybe the bulbs listed in Amazon are updated from the bulbs listed on their website, and they are actually 60W.

I'll find out tomorrow when the set I ordered yesterday comes in. Oh, it's 1am on Friday already. I'll find out later today. Maybe will get some pics too.
Will the HRV's wiring accept the load?
I don't know a lot about electrics, but I have heard of other makes of cars burning out the wiring because it is too light a gauge.
Subaru's at one stage were melting the plastic fitting at the rear of headlight bulbs that were upgraded.

381 - 400 of 430 Posts