Honda HR-V Forum banner
401 - 420 of 430 Posts

·
Administrator
1,510 Posts
Will the HRV's wiring accept the load?
I don't know a lot about electrics, but I have heard of other makes of cars burning out the wiring because it is too light a gauge.
Subaru's at one stage were melting the plastic fitting at the rear of headlight bulbs that were upgraded.
If it's 55W per pair, that's half of what the OEM halogen bulbs use so the wiring shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
109 Posts
Will the HRV's wiring accept the load?
I don't know a lot about electrics, but I have heard of other makes of cars burning out the wiring because it is too light a gauge.
Subaru's at one stage were melting the plastic fitting at the rear of headlight bulbs that were upgraded.
Yes. The LED's use about half the power of the stock bulbs. It shouldn't be an issue at all.

I believe the issue you're thinking of is with HID conversions. Those ballasts have a very large power draw on startup that can easily cause the problem you describe if they aren't properly installed behind a relay harness. Once they're powered up they draw less than halogens, but the initial startup can be almost double.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
109 Posts
Just a few minutes ago I got the new bulbs. Specs on bulb packaging differ from the Amazon web page. But then I looked at the pictures on the Amazon page, and they match the pictures in my hands. LOL
So anyway these show 200% brighter instead of the Amazon store's 300%. Also it shows 6000k instead of 6500k. (Which would actually be an improvement so...)
If you look at the picture on the left, you can see it shows 6000k and +200%.

Came with a bunch of extra stuff too. Keychain tags and "nano taceless" magic stickers.
Will go install these now, and maybe get some pictures later.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
Dropped my HRV off at the Alloy Doctor to have the kerb rash repaired. The gouges between 1 & 3 o' clock are real deep, plus two or three in the lower sector.
"The Minister for War & Finance" hit a gutter 2 weeks ago, today was the earliest they could book me in.
I'll post a picture of the finished job later today.

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
I got a good laugh from your post and also learned that in the future anything wrong with my car will by default be blamed on the wife.
It ain't no joke mate, she really was the culprit. :eek:

Here is the result of the visit to the Alloy Doctor.
The damage was in between the 2 arrows.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
Now, that is a really good job by Alloy Doctor.

How did they repair it?
I would like to know myself, I had to leave the car there from 8:15am to 4:15PM.
The rim has also been re-balanced, it cost me $250.00 AUD v $450.00 AUD for a brand new rim from Honda.

Here is the link to their website... Alloy Doctor have a look under the heading "Our Work" at the top of the page and then each of the sub headings. Might give you a bit of a clue.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Those Dunlop 215/55R17 tires do look like they have a rim guard on them, but the wheels still got curbed.
Those tires are too narrow for the 7.5" wide wheels for daily driving.

The North American base HRV's have the Michelin 215/55R17 tires with no rim guards.
Nearly all N. A. HRV's I see have curbed wheels. In person and on this forum.
Our used HRV also has 2 curbed wheels.

This is another reason I recommend to go to larger 225/55R17 tires, to better protect the wheels.
Honda saved a few bucks by going to the small 215/55R17 tires.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Those Dunlop 215/55R17 tires do look like they have a rim guard on them, but the wheels still got curbed.
Those tires are too narrow for the 7.5" wide wheels for daily driving.

The North American base HRV's have the Michelin 215/55R17 tires with no rim guards.
Nearly all N. A. HRV's I see have curbed wheels. In person and on this forum.
Our used HRV also has 2 curbed wheels.

This is another reason I recommend to go to larger 225/55R17 tires, to better protect the wheels.
Honda saved a few bucks by going to the small 215/55R17 tires.
my gut says the 215s are there for the avg MPG to be what it is - for a selling point and to boost corporate average etc.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
That’s what I meant was funny to me, the royal title that you bestowed upon her.
Ooooops! I missed it. :eek:

Not my title mate, that title was bestowed upon her by a builder who built a house for us 16 years ago.
At the completion of the build he asked her how much over the contract price the home cost to build. My wife ran a spreadsheet and costed every little addition - subtraction or alteration as the build went along. So that we never ended up with a bill shock at the end.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
As today was a dry day, I took the opportunity to remove all the stuff I carry in and under the boot, in preparation for the interior deep clean tomorrow.

After 3 years it is now time to replace my emergency stash of food, disappointingly the replacements only have a shelf life of 2 years. Just realised when taking the phot I had previously forgotten to victual my wife. Oops, I put that down to nearly 20 years of travelling long distance on my own.

Items on the left are tonights tea (and tomorrows breakfast), with the replacements on the right. I carry a cheap (£10) collapsible metal stove to cook them in. As much as I really wanted the titanium version, I really could not justify the cost for all the use it gets.

Green Terrestrial plant Font Technology Advertising

The meatballs and pasta were surprisingly tasty, however, the chocolate pudding with chocolate custard was a tad too rich for my palate.

*years ago I misread the instructions and thought they could be eaten up to 3 years AFTER the date printed and not they had to be eaten WITHIN the date printed which was 3 years from manufacture. They tasted fine, and I'm still here.....

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
Over the last few days I have been carrying out an Interior Deep Clean.

More or less took everything out of the car until it resembled how I picked it up from the dealership in March 2020. My vehicle is not set up to carry a spare wheel, so I use the space for carrying emergency gear; warm clothing for the winter, spare 1l of oil, coolant, jump leads and fuses, bulbs, 1st Aid Kit, a 'dhobi kit' (wash bag), entrenching tool and a few odds and sods. Checked the under boot section for leaks and squeaks, and so far, all seems sound.

Gave it a good hoover, and then followed up with the Autoglym Interior Cleaning.

I used the Rubber and Vinyl Cleaner on all the rubbers; door bumpers, door seals and liners, washer hoses and so on. If you think the exterior bodywork metal is thin, have a feel of the metal running adjacent to the door bottom rubber!

Followed up with giving the plastics a treat with Angel Wax An-GEL Interior Dressing.

For the seats, headrests, boot carpet and interior carpet I used Angel Wax Absolution Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner and then follow up with the stuff that is the easiest to apply, but takes over 12 hours to take effect Angel Wax Shield Fabric Protector.

The steering wheel, steering wheel cover and gear knob gaiter I used Autoglym Leather Cleaner and Leather Care Balm.

The weather took a bit of a dip, so decided to leave cleaning the glass with Autoglym Glass Polish until the next day.

Weather has been pretty mince over the last few days, so hopefully will get the last few bits and bobs in tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
Can you let me know how the stickers hold up? I'm very interested.
Hi Jabu,
I fitted my Door Sill Protectors today, they took 10 days to arrive from Amazon USA, still waiting for the interior LED bulb set though.

I had to move 2 of the protectors after I had stuck them down. If you have to move them after they stuck down, be VERY,VERY, careful in lifting them up. They can be to stretched, so do it very slowly and in an even way. By that I mean from end to end only. You need to very carefully lifting one corner and move slowly across to the other corner and then carefully pull with an even pressure, keep moving down to as close to where it is stuck down so as not to stretch it, i.e. lift an inch or two and change your grip position.

IMO they should hold up fairly well, they are well made and appear to be quite tough to me. Either way, they beat fixing up scuff marks and scratches on the door sill paint. (y)

Once the wet weather clears and I can clean the car, I will take some photo's.
I will say this much though, the sill protectors don't look as good on my Passion Red car as they do on Johnshrv18's White HRV.

401 - 420 of 430 Posts