Honda HR-V Forum banner
521 - 540 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just an update to my post on 26 May 2022 (#503).

Ever since I purchased my vehicle in March 2020, I have heard the occasional knocking noise coming from somewhere behind me, possibly the rear section of the exhaust. UK models come with an OSR lidded storage compartment for storing the factory supplied breakdown kit. You can see the release handle for it below the 12v socket in the image below.
View attachment 34158

During cleaning the interior, I noticed that some of the restraining bands and clips were not doing a very good job of holding the breakdown kit in place and it was actually the various components of the kit that were rattling about hitting the metal frame for holding them in position and possibly the bodywork of the vehicle itself.

Since securing these items to the under boot storage, (see below), there has been no more knocking!

View attachment 34159

Very Happy Chappy!
The American version doesn’t have that cool little compartment

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,234 Posts
The American version doesn’t have that cool little compartment
You're not really missing much as there is not much space and the framing has been set up for breakdown kit.

Some of the HR-V's competitors have far more useful little plastic recesses that can be used for storing muddy shoes, or handy odds'n'sods!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I see the headlight bulbs you installed are fanless..... How do you like the light output so far???....Does the beam still have the same cutoff areas as before???
I've been using the beamtech replacements for a long time and these seem to work as well as the old ones, I bought replacements for all the lights too.

They are wayyy better than the OEM ones.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Added a stand alone remote start this morning. Seems to work well as long as it doesn't drain the battery. Still have to hook up the parking lights so I can tell if it's running from inside the house but it's too damn hot today.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Added a stand alone remote start this morning. Seems to work well as long as it doesn't drain the battery. Still have to hook up the parking lights so I can tell if it's running from inside the house but it's too damn hot today.
Would you mind sharing which one you purchased? Easy to install? I’ve been considering it but looking for recommendations based upon price, quality, ease of install and support.

·
Registered
103 Posts
idatastart CMMIXAO Remote Start. I bought it (new) from a previous forum member a few months back and just got around to installing it. Pretty easy to install and set up. You have to remove the lower trim on the drivers side as well as the cover around the steering column and the gauge cluster. Took about an hour and will probably take another 30 minutes to remove the lower cover and hook up the wires for the lights. I'd do it again.

521 - 540 of 562 Posts