Honda HR-V Forum banner
541 - 560 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Share what you did today with the HRV community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week :(

Anything goes....
Purchased my leased 2021 HRV AWD L. I’m 76 - getting a little long in the tooth for two vehicles, so traded in my Chevy Colorado on my wife’s HRV (she now longer drives it). Ended 60 yrs of driving Chevy trucks. Just needed to downsize. FWIW the Honda dealer didn’t have any new vehicles on the lot - and getting a 2023 awd - who knows when!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ive never used it and after 110k miles I needed to replace the wiper just from exposure after i accdientally turned it on and it was screaching. Now that its off i am going to find a plug like people use on the rear hatch of the integra thats fits more flush and more perfect.

Im also switching to griots glass treatment. Its also nice having a little more rear visibility and clean up the rear look.

One other issue is the fluid line that runs through the roof, at some point that will fail and leak so that is also getting axed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went to Discount Tire to get a set of Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack tires installed to replace the less than stellar factory Continental Procontact TX. I haven't been impressed with the wet tracking of the Continentals on my 2022 Sport AWD and was looking for either Michelin or the Turanza. Discount Tire agreed to match Costco's price with the Costco Bridgestone rebate included, give me 5% additional off for using my Discount Tire card, and purchase the Procontact TX from me so I didn't have to hassle hauling them home and attempting to sell them myself.

Total price out the door for the four Turanzas including balancing/mounting and the Bridgestone 80,000 mile warranty was $703. I've only put just over 100 miles on them but they are much quieter and don't appear to have affected the MPGs. Time will tell but they seem to be much better than the Continental. I've always been a Michelin man but it was hard to pass up the deal they offered with the Costo price match.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,391 Posts
Admin, please feel to delete or rebuke if you feel I have over stepped the mark.

If you disagree or do not like what some one is posting, put them on your Ignore List. Don't get into a slanging match.

I left my previous owners forum as it became very toxic, to the point I did not like going on there, even when I wanted or knew it had information I required. The Off Topic section was the worst offender, with arguments spilling over into other sections that had nothing to do with the initial arguement. Eventually I left, which was a pity as for the first 6 or so years I was on there it was not only very informative about my vehicle, but I learned a lot about other subjects that up until that point, I had not realised I had an interest in.

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
For what it's worth, I've been using LASfits in my past 3 cars over 8 years and never had a bulb fail.
Initially, I installed Lasfits in the HRV as I've used them in the past without issue but a couple of them failed within the first week so I returned all of them. I then went with Diode Dynamics of St. Louis as they are engineered, tested and manufactured in the U.S.A. So far no failures or issues versus the Chinese (Lasfit) made LEDs. I hope they continue to serve you well as they were a huge fail for me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bit the bullet and filled the gas tank .......looked liken3 bars left, but it's my wife's daily driver and she works M-F.....Grahd total was just under $50......Gas in east TN is not as bad as a lot of other places in the US, like $4.599 for top tier

541 - 560 of 597 Posts