Honda HR-V Forum banner
561 - 580 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
307 Posts
I just ordered a set of Carbon Fiber Threshold Protection Stickers like Johnshrv18's, plus a set of interior LED bulbs to brighten up the inside at night.
I have re-ordered another set of the threshold protection stickers. The original one on the drivers side has worn through in just on/over 200 days. 😱
I wouldn't put all the blame on the stickers being poorly made. It was more a case of parking in locations where we weren't able to open the door fully to exit. Our car parks are not very wide between cars, which means you have to squeeze your feet out between the sill and the door. Better that the sticker/s be sacrificial than the paintwork. (y)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
307 Posts
I put new Dunlop SP Sport FM800 215/55R17 94W tyres on my HRV today. My preferred tyre shop had them on special "buy 3 and get 4", wheel alignment was extra, all up $709.00AUD.
A couple of days ago, my wife commented that the front tyres were slipping in the wet from a standstill. In the past 2 days they have done the same thing to me. If they are slipping when taking off from a standstill, then they will also slip when in motion and going around bends & corners. $709AUD is a whole lot cheaper than our lives.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

The old tyres were OEM Dunlop SP SPORT MAXX 050 215/55R17 94V, they had done 64,309 kms (39959.76 miles). They were good in wet and dry conditions as well as cornering. My only criticism is that they were a bit noisy on certain bitumen roads, the coarser the gravel used the noisier the tyres were.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

The new tyres are a lot quieter on the exact same road surfaces, and a lot quieter on wet roads too. It remains to be seen how well they go in relation to wear.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
196 Posts
Finally got shipping notification with a tracking number on the AEM intake I ordered back in March.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
196 Posts
Well the AEM cold air intake I ordered back in March arrived.

Thanks UPS

It is too bad though that they set the mount for the MAF backwards.

No, the engine won't run like that. (I did try, but it just shuts off after about 3 seconds.)

Here's hoping it doesn't take them another 4-5 months to fix it.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
196 Posts
Update....

AEM is more than happy to overnight a new tube....
Just as soon as they have some....
Current ETA is about a month away.

They said if I still want to use it until then, I can just flip the sensor around correctly and zip-tie it in place. :unsure:

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
196 Posts
Selling the bad one? :)

zeRep
Hehee I will have to see if they want it back when they send the replacement. Truly the grand majority of the price is that tube. The other hardware that comes with it barely amounts to $50.

Also it was interesting to find out that AEM, K&N, and Spectre are basically the same company. At least according to the information provided while I was on hold for an agent.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Another wash & wax story... I washed my car with a wash/wax combo detergent.
I then got a call to pickup my youngest grandson from OOSC (out of school care), the road was dusty even though I let the car idle along the road. Then it drizzled rain... 🤬🤬🤬🤬
When I removed the headlight protectors to wash the car a screw was missing from the top retainer on the LH side. I searched high and low for a replacement screw and finally found one today in my computer spare parts container, phew! I was petrified of losing a headlight to a stone.

This photo was taken after the dust bath & the shower of rain.
Wheel Car Cloud Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
196 Posts
Got the replacement AEM intake tube in today. Just installed it a few minutes ago. pipe seems to be about an inch longer in the middle section than the last one, which makes for a much better fit on both ends.

So far MPG has been about the same as it was when running just the bare box with all the intake resonators removed, but it sounds much nicer. Still need to bypass the coolant loop as well, but haven't had time to pop by the parts shop.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,391 Posts
Installed a QuadLock Dash Mount to my HR-V today
and it is a big improvement over the Ottie One Touch 5 Dash Mount that it replaces.

My biggest gripe with the Ottie is that its biggest advantage over other dash mounts is also its weakness; the various adjustment knobs that allow you to position your device left, right, up down, and in and out creak as you are driving, which really annoyed me on fairly long jpurneys. I am aware there are people on this forum who complain about just how noisy the cabin of their HR-V is, however, that is not the case with mine, so any noise is picked up quite easily. It also doesn't help the plastics used in its construction are cheap, with thin, hollow walls.

The Quadlock does not offer the same level of flexibility, but the fact it only has one adjuster, and the plastic used are of a better quality than the Otties, results in practically no noise from it. Which for me, more than compensates for this lack of flexibility. And it holds my mobile (Samsung A52s 5G)* pretty sturdily, with very little wobble.

Another plus for the Quadlock is the system can be installed on bikes or motorcycles.

* QuadLock don't make a dedicated case for my device, so I just attached the Universal Mount onto the back of my mobiles case.

561 - 580 of 597 Posts