Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have already purchased their HRV, would appreciate in knowing if you had to pick 2 aspects of the vehicle that you like the best, what would they be?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Smart Doors - OH YEAH. Combined with Push to Start and never having to unlatach my keys from my belt or taking it out of my bag... phenomenal.

AWD - Well, it's not exactly a unique feature of the vehicle, but come the winter, this is exactly the reason I chose this car over other choices.

since AWD hardly counts, I'll choose a third:

Mileage - Owned and driven the car for a week in Eco Mode all city driving, still not even a remote sign that I'll need to gas her up until next month probably!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Push to start is indeed a great feature. I hate having to reach for my keys and that feature just makes it a breeze to get in and get moving. It would have been wrong for them to not do this!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Smart Doors - OH YEAH. Combined with Push to Start and never having to unlatach my keys from my belt or taking it out of my bag... phenomenal.

AWD - Well, it's not exactly a unique feature of the vehicle, but come the winter, this is exactly the reason I chose this car over other choices.

since AWD hardly counts, I'll choose a third:

Mileage - Owned and driven the car for a week in Eco Mode all city driving, still not even a remote sign that I'll need to gas her up until next month probably!

Ditto!!! Plus I would add the Climate control. I love that!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Push to start is indeed a great feature. I hate having to reach for my keys and that feature just makes it a breeze to get in and get moving. It would have been wrong for them to not do this!
This is one feature that gets my dander up. My head hits the ceiling in the EX (maybe I shouldn't have used the expression "gets my dander up"), but I really want the keyless entry/Push to start. I guess I'll have to pick which is more important (it's gonna be headroom) or wait and see if they ever release an EX without a moon roof.

EDIT: I don't own one yet, but my favorite features are reliability, capacity, and flexibility.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ditto!!! Plus I would add the Climate control. I love that!!!
Climate Control easily makes the next slot in favorite features for me! I LOVE the auto climate control, which I also happen to have on my Ody, so I don't really have as much excitement about it, but it's a fantastic feature! I don't really ever reach down to touch the panel, I just set it and forget it.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, after having that on a vehicle I don't thing I will ever forgo that feature again. ;)

Climate Control easily makes the next slot in favorite features for me! I LOVE the auto climate control, which I also happen to have on my Ody, so I don't really have as much excitement about it, but it's a fantastic feature! I don't really ever reach down to touch the panel, I just set it and forget it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Drove out of the dealer 6 hours ago... first impressions:
1. I love being able to see the front of the car when I drive (never saw beyond the wipers in my prius) and the rear window gives me a sense of the distance to rear. Back headrests in lower position helps rear window visibility.
2. Lane watch - urban driver with lots of summer cyclists. this feature really helps me share the city streets safely!
3. Had the seat heaters on low (40 degrees in Chicago!) - my prius only had on (hot) and off. three settings are nice and I hope I won't need to use them again until next winter!
4. I like the lack of knobs and the technology. Never had built in navi before and I am unimpressed. Need to figure out how to keep map on but hear Waze directions - with I could view Waze on display!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the feedback!

1. I love being able to see the front of the car when I drive (never saw beyond the wipers in my prius) and the rear window gives me a sense of the distance to rear. Back headrests in lower position helps rear window visibility.
2. Lane watch - urban driver with lots of summer cyclists. this feature really helps me share the city streets safely!
3. Had the seat heaters on low (40 degrees in Chicago!) - my prius only had on (hot) and off. three settings are nice and I hope I won't need to use them again until next winter!
4. I like the lack of knobs and the technology. Never had built in navi before and I am unimpressed. Need to figure out how to keep map on but hear Waze directions - with I could view Waze on display!

·
Registered
74 Posts
which dealerships did you go to in chicago? and what did you end up getting?
we got a white EX-L AWD on 5/16, excited to see more of these on the road. i ended up going to autonation honda, even though we live in the city. fletcher jones had some $700 interior protection package they wouldn't mark off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
which dealerships did you go to in chicago? and what did you end up getting?
we got a white EX-L AWD on 5/16, excited to see more of these on the road. i ended up going to autonation honda, even though we live in the city. fletcher jones had some $700 interior protection package they wouldn't mark off.
Valley Honda in Naperville/Aurora. (My mom lives not far from there). Went to McGrath in St. Charles on day 1 and they had a $3000 markup- shame on them!. Went to Grossinger on Western before they had them on the floor. Heard a horrible interaction between a salesperson and an immigrant family and vowed to not return. Test drove one at Continental in Countryside. My spouse had purchased a CRV from a salesperson at Valley and they had a larger selection on the lot. They didn't add anything to the unit and were reasonable in the negotiation process. Not sure where I will go for service yet as I live on the far north side and work on the far south side of the city- but will start with Valley. Perhaps I'll see you in the 'twin car' on the streets and give a friendly HRV honk!!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So now that some drivers have had their vehicles for a week or two, lets hear what you like most about the HRV. ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
This won't be specific to the HR-V, but I did my weekly grocery shopping trip last night and it was so easy to load and unload. Limited space and often hit my head with the mustang. With the big truck, it all slides to where I can't reach the bags. I do have the cargo liner installed.

Also loved keeping my 'key' in my pocket!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love being able to hook up my phone to the Bluetooth. First car I've had with that feature. Love the Magic Seats. Gives the car unprecedented versatility and is neat to show people, lol! And I love just how comfy this car is all together. From the seats to the ride, its just a quiet, smooth ride.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts