Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HRV interior looks pretty nice to me - excited that I'll see it in person in a few days at the NYC show. I'm really curious to see if I like that humongous linear HVAC vent running the whole length of the passenger dash. It kind of looks awkward to me. Sort of an industrial afterthought - like the designer had a fear of unfilled space.

Any other opinions? Especially the folks that have seen it in person at the shows?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not sure what the designer was smoking when he came up with that idea, I really dislike the look of that vent.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I really like it, apparently it doesn't all go when turned on but different areas of the big vent activate depending on the fan level to "swirl" the air around the cabin.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I don't mind the looks, but I'm hoping it's okay functionally. Looks like there are 3 segments that you can (hopefully) aim individually, and ideally close if you don't want air in your face. I know they talked about different volumes through each of the three.

I get cold hands when I drive and like some heat on them. The driver's side vents seem ideally located for that. Currently my wife closes her passenger vent and gets enough heat from the floor vents; I'm hoping that's still an option.

Another reason I'm reaaaaalllly hoping for dual-zone climate, as it looks to be in a couple of the Honda Canada pics (and overseas as well).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Throw some pics up! I mean, i'm not to fussy about the dash. I think it looks fine and has a simple clean look to it, IMO.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't mind the looks, but I'm hoping it's okay functionally. Looks like there are 3 segments that you can (hopefully) aim individually, and ideally close if you don't want air in your face. I know they talked about different volumes through each of the three.

I get cold hands when I drive and like some heat on them. The driver's side vents seem ideally located for that. Currently my wife closes her passenger vent and gets enough heat from the floor vents; I'm hoping that's still an option.

Another reason I'm reaaaaalllly hoping for dual-zone climate, as it looks to be in a couple of the Honda Canada pics (and overseas as well).
Has anything been said about dual zone? I have it now and it was been wonderful!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Has anything been said about dual zone? I have it now and it was been wonderful!
From what I understand, not in the US.

If you check the Canada Honda site, they have it there. You can tell by the fact that it has red and blue arrows on BOTH sides of the touchscreen.

·
Registered
751 Posts
From what I understand, not in the US.

If you check the Canada Honda site, they have it there. You can tell by the fact that it has red and blue arrows on BOTH sides of the touchscreen.
That, and in some pics when you can't see those, you can still see the Sync button.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Suppose to be a very effective design.

The HRV interior looks pretty nice to me - excited that I'll see it in person in a few days at the NYC show. I'm really curious to see if I like that humongous linear HVAC vent running the whole length of the passenger dash. It kind of looks awkward to me. Sort of an industrial afterthought - like the designer had a fear of unfilled space.

Any other opinions? Especially the folks that have seen it in person at the shows?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts