Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Honda is 3 months old and have 2300 odometer. What I have noticed is on Dashboard is a full gallon is showing aroung 250 milage range and avg 18.
Is this normal range and avg. It was advertise to 35 highway and city 30. Can anyone share here there milage range and avg info on full tank.

·
Registered
929 Posts
My Honda is 3 months old and have 2300 odometer. What I have noticed is on Dashboard is a full gallon is showing aroung 250 milage range and avg 18.
Is this normal range and avg. It was advertise to 35 highway and city 30. Can anyone share here there milage range and avg info on full tank.
The displayed mpg and range is based on your driving record. It uses the latest mpg you are getting to calculate both of these. For range, it uses your latest mpg and multiplies it by the volume of gasoline in your tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive mostly in city Boston and Somerville. I understand the calculations. I am also not saying it has to be exactly as advertised. But again city 27 per add vs 18 getting seems way off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tl;dr give your car some time to break in. Your Mpg will improve.

I've had my car for six months and I have about 4,500 miles on it. Just recently I took it on a road trip, about 55 each way. When I was at the three month mark, I averaged 20 city and about 24 highway. Before my road trip, I have 3500 miles and I was getting 22 city and 27 hwy.

Just before my trip, I got my first oil change (slightly early). On my road trip, I averaged 36 highway and about 27-28 city. Between the oil change, engine break in period, and not participating in constant stop and go, I finally saw the mph advertised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Lots of things affect mpg
- weight in car
- tire pressure
- tires
- driving habits (braking/accelerating hard)
- outside temps (colder gets lower mpg)
- fuel type (is it winter blend with ethanol)
- wind
- windows open

Then regional issues
- traffic
- hilly
- distance between stop lights
- speed

No two cities are the same, so it's more difficult to compare your city mpg.

Best to get on the highway, up to speed
Reset your trip odometer
Drive a steady 60 mph/100 km/hour
Watch how it reads, should be close to the 35 mpg, may be better

Easiest way to tell if you car is performing as it's supposed to.
Try this test, and get back to us

·
Registered
16 Posts
on a full tank my hrv marks 350 miles but i usally average from 350-380 miles to a tank and i dont use highways often maybe 5miles out of the 350 miles. i feel like the air filter when i first picked up my hrv got extreamly dirty with all that stuff the dealership puts on the engine to make it look shinny but atracts so much dust and the engine sucks all that dirt in. not really sure if that can be an issue or not but i felt like my hrv struggle to suck air in with that dirty filter.

·
Registered
480 Posts
i just passed 2100 miles- bought my AWD new and picked up 12/31/16- avg 19.3 and 230 miles on range when I fill up.
I do all city stop and go - hope it gets better- but I have almost same # as you do.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the manual gear box, so my ratings are a little lower. I drive mostly city and get 25 mpg and drive a mix of aggressive and casual. Hwy has been 32-34mpg. I've got 9k miles so far.

·
Registered
46 Posts
From Canada here. I have just over 2000km on my HR-V EX and my avg is just over 32mpg but I find I get best mileage when traveling 85km/h (about 50mph). I'm hoping that it will improve even more over time. Last fillup I had 6.8 l/100km or about 34mpg. If I used 97% of my gas in the tank then I get a little over 600km on a tank.

Cheers and happy HR-V'ing!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Several things factor into your MPG as others have said but 18 seems pretty low. I just bought my LX AWD (CVT) and so far I've put ~220 miles mine and am averaging 26-27 with mostly city driving (still on the first tank of gas). I am also babying the crap out of the car right now. I've accelerated a little hard but I still haven't taken it over 3k RPM more than a handful of times.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So far on fuelly my avg is 7.2 l/100km (about 32mpg) My last tank average was 6.8 l/100km (34mpg). Looking pretty good so far! I have 27## kms so far on my HR-V so not totally broken in yet :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have an EX-L AWD. This morning I filled up, jumped on the highway to run an errand, and came back the same basic route. Overall it was a 30 mile run of mostly highway driving, and I averaged 41 MPG on the trip. Now, that's not going to stay up there for the entire tank, but it is an interesting data point.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been getting right at 30 mpg with an EX CVT, almost all city driving. When I go highway, it is substantially higher.

My range is probably close to 400 in mostly city driving, but I never let it get to empty. I use Fuelly to track this.

·
Registered
2019 HRV EX CVT
10 Posts
Right to mt, I'm looking at around 580, but on the dash I think they leave a reserve, so a safe 530 between fill ups.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts