Honda HR-V Forum banner

What Is The Trim Level Of Your HRV?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that we have official specs and prices, all is kind of what we expected. However, thought we were in need of a revised Trim Level poll to get a more accurate picture of everyone's selection.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm still torn between LX and EX with the manual. I'm not sure I can live with the infotainment system and the only other "must have" the EX has is fog lights for me, which might be something I can add to a LX, if not from the factory, than maybe as an aftermarket add on. Once I have time to test drive and really check out the systems, I'm abstaining.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understand. Guess I have always prefer Honda's EX trim level as for me they have offered better value. I imagine its all what you get use to, I prefer the touchscreen.

And on the HRV you get all of the following:

EX additions (those items in bold appeal to me)

• 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio12 connectivity interface
  • Honda LaneWatch® Display
  • 180-watt, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD
  • Pandora®13 radio compatible
  • Heated front seats
  • One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
  • Smart Entry and Push-Button Start
  • Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters (CVT only)
  • Auto-on/off headlights
  • Fog lights
  • Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
  • Second USB jack
  • SMS Text Message functionality
  • Automatic climate control system with air filtration
  • Rear privacy glass
  • Heated body-colored side mirrors with turn indicators
  • Variable intermittent wipers
  • Lighted vanity mirrors
  • Chrome interior door handles, speaker rings and air vent trims

I'm still torn between LX and EX with the manual. I'm not sure I can live with the infotainment system and the only other "must have" the EX has is fog lights for me, which might be something I can add to a LX, if not from the factory, than maybe as an aftermarket add on. Once I have time to test drive and really check out the systems, I'm abstaining.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Getting the AWD for snowbelt. Lots of reviewers dislike the capacitor radio and A/C controls. Will have to drive it to see if I can deal with it or if it's nothing but getting used to them. But, I'm a fan of knobs and buttons. Anyone with a Fit want to comment?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Good idea!

Think the CRV has the same setup?

I would love to know what the total sales are for a manual transmission. On a vehicle like this people just do not go for.

Getting the AWD for snowbelt. Lots of reviewers dislike the capacitor radio and A/C controls. Will have to drive it to see if I can deal with it or if it's nothing but getting used to them. But, I'm a fan of knobs and buttons. Anyone with a Fit want to comment?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Good idea!

Think the CRV has the same setup?

I would love to know what the total sales are for a manual transmission. On a vehicle like this people just do not go for.
It's hard to sell CR-Vs in a manual transmission here in the USA considering that it isn't even an option.;)

·
Registered
738 Posts
EX is a must.

I owned a basemodel Honda in the past and it just doesn't feel right going back to that after having gone up trims over the years. Can't miss out on what the EX has to offer!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agree with you there, even the seat fabric is better...worth every penny! :)
Seems nearly 75% of the people here feel the same way.

EX additions (those items in bold appeal to me)

• 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio12 connectivity interface
  • Honda LaneWatch® Display
  • 180-watt, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD
  • Pandora®13 radio compatible
  • Heated front seats
  • One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
  • Smart Entry and Push-Button Start
  • Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters (CVT only)
  • Auto-on/off headlights
  • Fog lights
  • Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
  • Second USB jack
  • SMS Text Message functionality
  • Automatic climate control system with air filtration
  • Rear privacy glass
  • Heated body-colored side mirrors with turn indicators
  • Variable intermittent wipers
  • Lighted vanity mirrors
  • Chrome interior door handles, speaker rings and air vent trims

EX is a must.

I owned a basemodel Honda in the past and it just doesn't feel right going back to that after having gone up trims over the years. Can't miss out on what the EX has to offer!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Results just get more interesting as people seem to see the better value of the EX over the LX.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Albany, NY and the 2 Honda dealers I've spoken to say the 6 speed front wheel drives will not be popular enough to order, and for at least the first 3 months, I will not be able to order one anywhere within 6 surrounding states.

Does anyone have an idea about whether I could special order this model? The dealers are again pleading ignorance.....

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I live in Albany, NY and the 2 Honda dealers I've spoken to say the 6 speed front wheel drives will not be popular enough to order, and for at least the first 3 months, I will not be able to order one anywhere within 6 surrounding states.

Does anyone have an idea about whether I could special order this model? The dealers are again pleading ignorance.....
I think your dealers are blowing smoke about the 6 speed "not being popular enough". What I have heard and believe to be the case, is that they will be concentrating on sending out a batch of CVTs first. So yes, you will probably will have to wait longer for a 6 speed. I can't believe a dealer will tell you "we can't order one". You just may have to wait a while for the car you ordered to arrive, but you should be able to order it any time.

Find a dealer who will order it for you instead of waiting for it to arrive on the lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks so much for the reassurance! After waiting more than a year for the HR-V to finally arrive, I was pretty upset that I'd need to get CVT AWD for $2,000 more!!!! Plus, I really like driving stick!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That sounds accurate. Why would that want to run the risk, especially given your area, of a 6 speed front wheel drive sitting on the lot when in this type category, people are buying it for the AWD???

Your only possibility is special ordering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is that true, that most people are interested in AWD?

Well, anyway, I heard there is a 120 day wait to order the 6 speed EX. Maybe I should drive to another state outside my "6 state area" toby it! Are there any 6 speeds in NJ or PA?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

Well, anyway, I heard there is a 120 day wait to order the 6 speed EX. Maybe I should drive to another state outside my "6 state area" toby it! Are there any 6 speeds in NJ or PA?
I wonder about that too. How do we know the AWD will be more popular than the FWD?

I think you may have to wait until the official May 15th start date to really see about availability.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, according to my dealer, they are ordering nearly entirely AWD for now with the EX and EXL models. Very little if any demand for FWD and 6 speed.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
If dealers are smart, they would refer to this simple poll to get an idea of what people are expecting and focus their orders accordingly. This information also goes along with my dealership as they indicated they are mainly ordering EX AWD w/ CVT. Now the only problem is getting a couple of colors in stock and keeping them in stock before they sell out.:eek:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts