Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many of us we've owned our HRVs for long enough that it is time to consider a replacement. @pearlwhite01 just upgraded to a Lexus. @Glen e is likely on his way to another BMW. Others have had issues with the transmission, or have just paid the car off. So, what is next on your horizon? And what is driving the decision on what you want to drive? I'm curious because I've got the 'itch' after 5.5 years with the vehicle.

For me, I'd likely to stay with some sort of SUV with AWD. I don't want to give up any of the features that my EX-L has (leather seats, push button start, sunroof). But I do want a quieter vehicle with more horsepower and a bit more room. And I'd like it to get 35mpg on the highway, but that will likely not be a deal breaker. I'm not inclined to get an electric vehicle because the technology, while interesting, is still evolving and I believe the batteries will get better during the life of my next vehicle. And I don't want to spend $40K on the replacement.

Where does that leave me? For now satisfied with my HRV that sits in the garage and has only been driven 3,500 miles since the end of March with nearly half of that being summer road trips.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Not trading but if I was looking for a better ride/HP/SUV, I like the Mazda CX-5 and Rav 4.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I went to 3 dealers, but couldn’t make a deal. In chronological order, Toyota, Volvo, Acura. I wanted a TRD rav4 really bad. Couldn’t get price I wanted. Xc40 beautiful car, did not have the one I want in stock at price range. RDX, couldn’t get price I wanted.

I still have 2 Hondas, and would absolutely buy Honda’s again...and hope the gen 2 HRV will be cleaned up a lot and not have these issues.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts

X2 M35i- delivers 12/1/20 to me-301 hp/AWD

Reactions: Dammit

·
Registered
536 Posts
Most likely a Subaru Forester (want AWD) unless Honda gets its act together. I would get leather seats next time. I had good luck with a previous Subaru I bought used.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Considering how reluctant they were on the rav4. No way they would have lowered a penny on the Supra. Also, I don’t have a garage. I would only buy a type r or Supra if I had a garage.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
436 Posts
I went to 3 dealers, but couldn’t make a deal. In chronological order, Toyota, Volvo, Acura. I wanted a TRD rav4 really bad. Couldn’t get price I wanted. Xc40 beautiful car, did not have the one I want in stock at price range. RDX, couldn’t get price I wanted.

I still have 2 Hondas, and would absolutely buy Honda’s again...and hope the gen 2 HRV will be cleaned up a lot and not have these issues.
The current one is already 2nd gen. 1st gen came out over 20 years ago.

As for this topic... honestly, I have no idea.

I bought my 2010 Fit, in 2010. Aside from being benched because it needs a few repairs, I don't see myself replacing it anytime soon.

The only reasons I bought the HR-V were to have something I could transport my mother a bit easier (though that plan went to shit with covid and all) and to have a backup in case the Fit is down (which happened a few times already).

So... I guess I'll just see what comes up in the future.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Will hit one year of ownership at the end of November on the EX-L and plan on keeping it al least another year. Maybe longer since I purchased it outright but I'm casually looking for a low mileage (under 100k) 8th gen Civic Si.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
79 Posts
Intend to keep my HR-V for the foreseeable future, however, the drivetrain on this appeals;

Probably about 98+% of my journeys would be covered with the electric only range.

Would give you the $ equivalent of £45+k but it may be way out if you read this tomorrow…

·
Registered
104 Posts
Keeping the car for the foreseeable future, even though it has not budged since July. Figured I'd get $9,000-$10,000 if I sell the car to CarMax or a local dealer. I'd be hard-pressed to find a car in as decent of shape with that low of operating costs for that much money.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'm always contemplating this in case I total it and need a quick replacement

I'd consider the CRV for bigger size, ride, and power, but I kinda like the small firm factor of the HRV in my garage

The Mazda CX-5 looks nice

If my wife had an suv, I'd think about electric. We have family 6 hours away though, need at least one large road trip car

The new bronco has a manual option... Very cool. I'll miss my stick in the HRV when it comes time to move on

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts