Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a similar offer to your xB indeed!

Yes.....I had to do some comparisons because I thought the sloped roof would take out to much usable inside space as opposed to my squared off "box". But the HR-V cargo volume is actually a bit more.

My other concern is that I am spoiled by all the headroom in the xB. I have heard the back seat of HR-V will have taller people bumping their heads. On the other hand, I hardly have more than one passenger at a time.

Sure would like to actually sit inside one of these puppies!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes.....I had to do some comparisons because I thought the sloped roof would take out to much usable inside space as opposed to my squared off "box". But the HR-V cargo volume is actually a bit more.

My other concern is that I am spoiled by all the headroom in the xB. I have heard the back seat of HR-V will have taller people bumping their heads. On the other hand, I hardly have more than one passenger at a time.

Not sure where you're located but there is a possibility you'll end up seeing them at some local show.

If you're in the U.S. there will be a number of shows coming up that have a good chance of having the production HRV.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think that the HR-V will show up in Detroit for sure. It will probably make an appearance at some of the smaller shows too. Its a volume car so they would want to show it off to potential new customers as much as possible.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that the HR-V will show up in Detroit for sure. It will probably make an appearance at some of the smaller shows too. Its a volume car so they would want to show it off to potential new customers as much as possible.
I am in Phoenix and it wasn't at the recent auto show. So I will have to wait until it gets to the dealers.

·
Registered
529 Posts

The only potential issue I can foresee is that a box is far more versatile cargo wise than a triangle (for example) of equal capacity. Granted, I don't think its a LARGE issue, just something to contemplate.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only potential issue I can foresee is that a box is far more versatile cargo wise than a triangle (for example) of equal capacity. Granted, I don't think its a LARGE issue, just something to contemplate.
True.....That is why I am so anxious to see an ACTUAL vehicle.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What sort of things would you need to haul around with you in a vehicle like this?
Well, to give you an idea I will tell you the things I have carried in my xB with the hatch closed. I have fit a large dresser in there..... another time I moved a full size oven range. I could carry 6 , 8' 2x4s.
The big square ,tall ,box allowed me to carry lots of boxes of stuff too. The height made it easy to move around inside.
I like to do home improvements so I would like to continue to be able to carry, large and long items.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i'm actually not surprised to know that

i have seen some guys also use their xB's for big objects like that, last i seen was some landscapers pulling out lawnmowers, ladders and a whole bunch of gardening tools and equipment from their xB.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts