Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's conventional to flush the brake fluid (at least to avoid wasting fluid) by starting as far away from the master cylinder as possible and working your way closer (rear passenger-side first, then rear driver, front passenger, and finally the front driver). BUT! This may not be the case when the ABS system is in the rear, which I hear is true of 2012+ Honda CR-V's. Honda recommends a very different sequence for Gen4 CR-V's: front driver, front passenger, rear passenger, rear driver.

So does the 2016 Honda HR-V have the ABS in the back? What's the best order to flush the brake fluid?

Also, how much fluid is needed for a full flush? Honda Dot 3 fluid seems to be most often sold in 12 oz bottles (and 32 oz. is harder to find), but on some cars you need all 32 oz... does this mean I should buy three 12 oz bottles?

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
288 Posts
IMO if you are simply flushing (not replacing components) you can start at any wheel. I start at the farthest (and yes, we have CR-Vs as well).

I use low moisture absorbing NAPA brand DOT4 brake fluid, I believe it is Castrol. It is available in both 12 and 30 oz. bottles. It has taken me ~25 oz or so to do our cars. (I alway pour a little BF in a glass jar at first,so that I can better compare the color. Such is the consequence of doing BF changes ON TIME, LOL.

Reactions: brozog
1 - 2 of 2 Posts