Honda HR-V Forum banner

What's The Color Of Your HRV?

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is an interesting thread to see the stats from the forum... need to bump it daily to allow new users and people that have not checked in for a few days to see it in the daily posts...

·
Registered
80 Posts
...blue & red ... are too sharp...
As in blue and red are too good lookin'? Or, too sharp as in they hurt your eyes to look at them? :D

Me? I don't know what color I'll end up with. I've had an HR-V on order for about a month. I told them I'd take blue or white, whichever one comes in first. So we'll see what I end up with...

·
Registered
741 Posts
only downside about red is how it fades, used to have a red vehicle i had to park outside all the time and the color faded like crazy. First time detailing it brought it back to life big time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Given that it's generally a very popular color choice for vehicles I'm surprised that silver is so far down the list- and nervous because I have one on order....any ideas? I'm not a big fan of the grey interior but it's so hot where I live that I was hoping it would stay cooler

·
Registered
149 Posts
Given that it's generally a very popular color choice for vehicles I'm surprised that silver is so far down the list- and nervous because I have one on order....any ideas? I'm not a big fan of the grey interior but it's so hot where I live that I was hoping it would stay cooler
I was thinking the same about silver being less, just because silver, white, and grey are the most popular vehicle colors in general. I do know that the people on this forum that mentioned thier silver HRV have really loved the color.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Why nervous?
If silver is the color you like go for it.....your purchasing the vehicle for you and nobody else.
Silver is the only color HRV I would get.....I held out until my dealer found me one. I absolutely love the color....looks sweet on the HRV and is much easier color to keep looking clean.
My wife loves her white, I love my silver. :laugh:

Silver was very hard to find around where I live.....this was back in June.
Nobody knows how many of each color Honda made, this may be part of the factor involved.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Why nervous?
If silver is the color you like go for it.....your purchasing the vehicle for you and nobody else.
Silver is the only color HRV I would get.....I held out until my dealer found me one. I absolutely love the color....looks sweet on the HRV and is much easier color to keep looking clean.

Nobody knows how many of each color Honda made, this may be part of the factor involved.
Thanks for the input. Nervous because I've not actually seen one in silver (can't find one anywhere hence the order) so I wondered if people didn't like the finish for some reason. It may well be they just haven't made that many in that color. I've got the VIN now so hopefully that means I should get mine within the next few weeks....hope it's worth the wait!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Color is totally personal preference. I have the blue- I was buying my car that week, and the only other color in the trim I wanted was white. After 7 years with a white car, had to change it up.

I would have loved the green, or modern steel, but I'm fine with the blue. Sort of feel like I have a tie dyed car

·
Registered
71 Posts
Color is totally personal preference. I have the blue- I was buying my car that week, and the only other color in the trim I wanted was white. After 7 years with a white car, had to change it up.

I would have loved the green, or modern steel, but I'm fine with the blue. Sort of feel like I have a tie dyed car
The blue looks great- how are you liking the grey interior?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I think it stays a little cooler than the black- I have the ex, didn't want leather seats that would get really hot.

I scotch guarded the car- first time ever for me, but I don't want to have stains everywhere. Armorall also has a good cleaning wipe for cloth that seems to have helped the couple spots before I scotch guarded.

The thing that's strange, I barely notice the color since I'm driving ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I definitely did not want a black interior, and had to have a sunroof (EX). So, my choices were blue or white. I ended up with white. Although it's a bit common, if you look at it closer in the sunlight, it shimmers. Her name is Daisy, but that's on another thread.

·
Registered
80 Posts
...I would have loved the green, or modern steel, but I'm fine with the blue. Sort of feel like I have a tie dyed car
I'm waiting for either a blue or white to come in (whichever gets there 1st). White is my safe color (I've lived with white for 13+ yrs), while the blue interests me.

I'm a little nervous about the blue though. One reason is that it has that whole blue/purple thing going on. On one hand, that's actually a really cool effect, but I remember a few years ago I had an Audi A5 that had a dark grey/blue/green color depending on lighting conditions, time of day, etc. My eyes could never really tell what freakin' color it was and it annoyed me (well, my eyes). I would have thought I'd like the color change more, but I guess my eyes do not.
I hope that doesn't happen if I get a blue HR-V. I think I'm secretly rooting for them to get a white one in first.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I chose the blue because I didn't love the black on the front of the white HRV- but I do think the white looks sleek.
The blue- It often looks like a nice blue, but last night at the garage they had parked it by a turquoise mini. It looked the exact same color. And then when they pulled it over it looked dark purple. It was actually really cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My plan was to get a blue one so I could put a 'Tardis' license plate on it and tell everyone it was bigger on the inside. Sadly blue doesnt seem to be a color they're shipping to my state within the next month and I can't just wait around... Black it is, unless they can find me a blue one before september 3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As in blue and red are too good lookin'? Or, too sharp as in they hurt your eyes to look at them? :D

Me? I don't know what color I'll end up with. I've had an HR-V on order for about a month. I told them I'd take blue or white, whichever one comes in first. So we'll see what I end up with...

honestly i like the sharpness of red hrv but i just cant imaging how am i going to look like when i driving with a red car. Maybe because in my mind, red is owned by ferrari. LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
in my country so far only have ruse black, silver, steel, white and crystal black.
i dont like ruse black and steel and they look almost the same.
you made a right decision with silver, im 1 of the 7 who pick silver in this forum. yeah!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why nervous?

my situation is 180 degree different with you, i ordered my silver on 29th July and the honda agent told me that my car is ready to drive home now. i read some hrv forums, people ordered for months and yet collecting their hrv. and im the 1st person who drive Silver hrv in my town. :D

81 - 100 of 136 Posts