Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our HR-V came with wheel locks that we do not need/want. We are willing to part with them for $45 + shipping. Just PM me if interested.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Our HR-V came with wheel locks that we do not need/want. We are willing to part with them for $45 + shipping. Just PM me if interested.

This may be a stupid question, if so sorry, but if the locks can just be removed and put on another car, why didn't your local dealer (the one you purchased from) remove them instead of forcing you to purchase them? Couldn't they have sold them on another car on their lot?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This may be a stupid question, if so sorry, but if the locks can just be removed and put on another car, why didn't your local dealer (the one you purchased from) remove them instead of forcing you to purchase them? Couldn't they have sold them on another car on their lot?
They could, but were unwilling to do so. The wheel locks were put on by another dealership that did a trade with mine so we could get the color/trim we wanted. My dealer had to pay for the parts/labor for that add on. They then forwarded the cost to us. If we had them keep the wheel locks I'm sure they would have charged us a fee to remove them. Either way, they were unwilling to do so. When has a dealership ever been helpful and willing to do something out of the goodness of their heart?

Maybe I'm hard to work with, but when I buy a car, I may try to come down on price but after that I'm done. I don't want your options, I don't want your finance, I don't want your extended warranty. I only want to pay the price we agreed upon as quickly as possible. I believe this pisses them off and they are completely unwilling to do anything else since I don't want their extra markup. I've now bought three cars from two different dealerships and all of them were horrible experiences and I believe it's because I didn't want anything extra.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dealerships, salesmen, uuuggggg. I hate the entire experience. That's mainly why I keep my cars 10+ years before I buy a new one. I did however have a pretty good experience this time. Both the dealership and the salesman were easy to work with and never pressured me to buy anything extra. I may have actually found a salesman that I can tolerate! lol

(No offense to any salesman on here (I know there must be some decent ones out there) but I'm just being honest. I haven't had to many good experiences)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealerships, salesmen, uuuggggg. I hate the entire experience. That's mainly why I keep my cars 10+ years before I buy a new one. I did however have a pretty good experience this time. Both the dealership and the salesman were easy to work with and never pressured me to buy anything extra. I may have actually found a salesman that I can tolerate! lol

(No offense to any salesman on here (I know there must be some decent ones out there) but I'm just being honest. I haven't had to many good experiences)
Agreed

·
Registered
48 Posts
I liked the young woman who sold me my HR-V. She had leased a Civic to my daughter in 2013, and was at the auto show early this year. They did not have the HRV as had been advertised, but we kept in touch via email and dropin visits. When the HR-V was available I signed a sales agreement on May 16, and went back to pick it up. I did not like the finance guy. His proposed monthly payments were "just a little more." Then he tried to sell me extra stuff.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's simple. Pro to having wheel locks: Less likely to have your wheels stolen. Cons to having wheel locks: Misplacing the wheel lock key; someone wants your wheels bad enough, they'll find a way to do so. Ask for your HRV (or any other vehicle) WITHOUT wheel locks. Then purchase a wheel lock set over the Parts Department counter and either install them yourself or have a repair shop do so.

·
Administrator
1,822 Posts
I was considering using the ones off my 2009 Fit, but when I asked at a repair shop, was told that they probably wouldn't be the same size. Is this not the case?:|
I forgive them for their ignorance if they didn't tried to sell you new locks.

The locks I'm using are from my 09 Fit. They fitted perfectly.

I'm also reusing the cargo liner from my Fit. It a bit smaller, but serves my purpose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same thing!

They could, but were unwilling to do so. The wheel locks were put on by another dealership that did a trade with mine so we could get the color/trim we wanted.
Same thing happened here. Our dealer found got the car we wanted and it already had the wheel locks installed. They didn't tell us until I saw the addtl price was added to the car! There was no negotiating it, even though we didn't want them. I was pissed, but its the wife's car, so I bit my lip. She waited a few weeks just to get the car, she's happy, and that's what matters most.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My 2009 Fit came with wheel locks; I tried one of them on the HR-V, and while it was mechanically compatible, it was about 3/8" shorter than the HR-V wheel nuts, so I decided against the swap.

·
Administrator
1,822 Posts
The 09 Fit wheel locks have been on my HRV for over 3 months without issue. I didn't even noticed they were shorter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if the wheel lock from Honda Fit will fit on HRV or not.

However, HRV wheel lock would not fit on Honda Fit.

THIS PART ALSO FITS:
HONDA ACCORD COUPE EXPAND LIST
2016 Honda ACCORD COUPE LX-S 6 Speed Manual
2016 Honda ACCORD COUPE LX-S Variable
2016 Honda ACCORD COUPE EX Variable
2016 Honda ACCORD COUPE EX-L Variable
See 30 more in Honda ACCORD COUPE
HONDA ACCORD HYBRID EXPAND LIST
2015 Honda ACCORD HYBRID HYBRID (EXL) Variable
2015 Honda ACCORD HYBRID HYBRID Variable
2015 Honda ACCORD HYBRID HYBRID (TOURING) Variable
2014 Honda ACCORD HYBRID HYBRID (TOURING) Variable
See 2 more in Honda ACCORD HYBRID
HONDA ACCORD PLUG-IN EXPAND LIST
2014 Honda ACCORD PLUG-IN HYBRID (PLUG-IN) Variable
HONDA ACCORD SEDAN EXPAND LIST
2016 Honda ACCORD SEDAN EXL-V6 6 Speed Automatic
2016 Honda ACCORD SEDAN LX Variable
2016 Honda ACCORD SEDAN LX (SENSING) Variable
2016 Honda ACCORD SEDAN SPORT (SENSING) Variable
See 32 more in Honda ACCORD SEDAN
HONDA CIVIC COUPE EXPAND LIST
2015 Honda CIVIC COUPE SI (HPT/NAVI) 6 Speed Manual
2015 Honda CIVIC COUPE EX-L (NAVI) Variable
2015 Honda CIVIC COUPE LX 5 Speed Manual
2015 Honda CIVIC COUPE LX Variable
See 18 more in Honda CIVIC COUPE
HONDA CIVIC HYBRID EXPAND LIST
2015 Honda CIVIC HYBRID MX (HYBRID NAVI) Variable
2015 Honda CIVIC HYBRID MX Variable
2015 Honda CIVIC HYBRID MX (HYBRID NV LE HS) Variable
2015 Honda CIVIC HYBRID MX (HYBRID LEA HEAT) Variable
See 4 more in Honda CIVIC HYBRID
HONDA CIVIC NGV EXPAND LIST
2015 Honda CIVIC NGV GX 5 Speed Automatic
2015 Honda CIVIC NGV GX (NAV) 5 Speed Automatic
2014 Honda CIVIC NGV GX 5 Speed Automatic
2014 Honda CIVIC NGV GX (NAV) 5 Speed Automatic
HONDA CIVIC SEDAN EXPAND LIST
2015 Honda CIVIC SEDAN LX (SE-HCM ENGINE) Variable
2015 Honda CIVIC SEDAN LX (SE) Variable
2015 Honda CIVIC SEDAN HF Variable
2015 Honda CIVIC SEDAN EX Variable
See 22 more in Honda CIVIC SEDAN
HONDA CR-V
2015 Honda CR-V LX (2WD) Variable
2015 Honda CR-V LX (AWD) Variable
2014 Honda CR-V LX (2WD) 5 Speed Automatic
2014 Honda CR-V LX (AWD) 5 Speed Automatic
HONDA HR-V EXPAND LIST
2016 Honda HR-V EX 6 Speed Manual
2016 Honda HR-V EX (AWD) Variable

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lug nut locks

Ok peops...what kind of lug nut locks/brand am I buying for my 2016 HRV? Waaaay to many choices at Auto Zone. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I doubt I'm gonna change your mind, but lug nut locks are completely worthless. Just go to YouTube and look at all the videos that show you how to pop them off without any keys. A professional can get through them in a matter of 30 seconds, but they are good to stop the occasional meth head that really hasn't planned out the theft. Many feel The best locks out there are McGard, but I think they look hideous because it's one lug per wheel that's different than the other Lugnuts. If you must get them, look into getting the updated gorilla locks from amazon. You get 20 of them and they all look the same.

Go to you tube and search "lug nut lock removal" - you'll see what I mean.

Gorilla lugs here- remember you need BALL SEAT lug nuts, not conical like most cars

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Auto...=gorilla+ball+seat+wheel+lock#customerReviews

·
Registered
418 Posts
I agree with Glen e that the regular set of wheel locks, such as McGard, are easily defeated by a thief with any type of skill or appropriate tools. Once they remove the one lock, the wheels come off easy and these standard locks are readily overcome. As he says, an unprepared doofus criminal type won’t get your wheels, but anyone who can plan the wheel removal will succeed.

If you take Glen e’s capable suggestion and buy the Gorilla set for more reasons than its aesthetics, be sure to immediately send for a spare “key” for your new set of locking lugs. Put it away safe, like any spare key. If you think you will never ever lose or misplace that key, you’d be wrong. Someday, some mechanic you hand it to will forget to hand it back, won’t remember where he put it down, or will give it back to the wrong customer. Or some other fate will befall it. Once you need that key for 20 locks, you’ll be happy to always have one you can put your hands on after a startling surprise, instead of waiting weeks for one replacement key to arrive.

Uh, I won’t say how I came to know this!

·
Registered
619 Posts
agreed....but bury the extra key somewhere in the car, because you will get a call from a servicing tech that he needs the key and youll have to run it down as you never remember to give it to him when you take it in.....

im the same ....“dont ask me how I know”....LOL

Reactions: John35g and Dammit
1 - 20 of 27 Posts