Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:nerd: Take Delivery of a 2016 HRV EX end of the Month.. (215 / 55 / 17) is the Tire Size.. Have done Business with (1010tires.com) in the Past for Winter Snows on all Four.. The Plan is to Install the Snows on the Factory Rims that come with the Car.. Install the All Seasons that come with the Car on New Rims in the Spring.. Here's my Query, looking at Wheels on the Website it gives 6 separate sets of numbers for a particular Rim I'm interested in... If the Rim is 17" X 7, what would be the Corresponding (1) Bolt Pattern (2) Wheel Offset (3) Hub Bore ?? Please & Thank You. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,472 Posts
:nerd: Talking Canadian here...lol... Bolt Pattern 5 / 114.3 is good.. Can't match the Wheel Offset & Hub Bore.. 1010tires.com give 11 , 17" Sizes to choose from.. :(
Those are both in there too.

Wheel offset is +55 or ET55 and the center bore is 64.1 mm. The bolt pattern and center bore need to be the same. The offset can change depending on the width of the wheel. I have 19x8 +35 wheels and they poke out of the fenders a bit. I think 17x8 +40 or +45 would be a flush fit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Wheel offset is +55 or ET55 and the center bore is 64.1 mm. The bolt pattern and center bore need to be the same. The offset can change depending on the width of the wheel. I have 19x8 +35 wheels and they poke out of the fenders a bit. I think 17x8 +40 or +45 would be a flush fit.

:nerd: I need 17" X 7. Wheel Offset 35mm. :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I missed where you said that you want them for the stock tires. Yes, 17x7 +35 will work. It'll be a nicer/better fit than the stock wheels.

:nerd: As I said in a Previous Post, We've been Dealing with (1010tires.com).. Took awhile for their Customer Service to get back to me , breaking down their 11 different wheel sizes to choose from...lol... Given the Make & Model , Tire Size is (17" X 7.5). OffSet is +55mm, Hub Bore is 64mm... When we Initiate the Purchase of Said Tires (1010tire) Will do a Fitment Guarantee before Finalizing Sale.. :|0:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Appropriate after market rim spec

Hi I just purchased a 2016 Hrv and I was wondering if anybody could provide me with the appropriate after market wheel specs. I'm planning on picking up some 18's. I'm concerned about the offset. Wht offset is appropriate for our hrv? Thanks in advance Shane

·
Super Moderator
1,472 Posts
Hi I just purchased a 2016 Hrv and I was wondering if anybody could provide me with the appropriate after market wheel specs. I'm planning on picking up some 18's. I'm concerned about the offset. Wht offset is appropriate for our hrv? Thanks in advance Shane
What's the width of the wheel? I currently have 7.5" wheels with a 53mm offset and they fit almost flush with the fender. A few millimeters less would fit flush.
I've had 8" wheels with a +35 offset and they poked put of the fender about half an inch to an inch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's the width of the wheel? I currently have 7.5" wheels with a 53mm offset and they fit almost flush with the fender. A few millimeters less would fit flush.
I've had 8" wheels with a +35 offset and they poked put of the fender about half an inch to an inch.
IS TIRE 225/60/R18 WITH 18' WHEEL(ORIGINAL HR-V SPORT 2019) RIMS -GOOD?OR YOUR ADVICE IS-CHANGE RIMB TOO?I M GOING INCREASE GROUND CLEARANCE FOR SNOW SEASON

·
Super Moderator
1,472 Posts
IS TIRE 225/60/R18 WITH 18' WHEEL(ORIGINAL HR-V SPORT 2019) RIMS -GOOD?OR YOUR ADVICE IS-CHANGE RIMB TOO?I M GOING INCREASE GROUND CLEARANCE FOR SNOW SEASON
You shouldn't have any problems with that size on the OEM wheels. The overall diameter will increase about 1.5".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would winter rims would specs 16x6.5, CB = 64.1, bolt pattern: 5x114.3 offset = 42mm be ok on the car?
I'm going to 215-60-16 for the winter tires so downsizing.
I'm just worried a little about the offset of 42mm vs 55mm OEM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ask a tire shop like Discount Tire..Why do you want to downsize?
Honda dealers recommend this setup.
Also there has been various discussions on this forum about using 16 inch winters but I do not see any posts discussing the wheel itself and the parameters (like offset) that are acceptable

·
Registered
1 Posts

hi friend good day to u , as i am reading you upgrade to 19 inch 8 inch width , what dimension tyres did you use?also plz tell me if ET 45 can be use as i have an OZ rim 19 ich 8 inch width that i am not still using on my vezel,

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
516 Posts
Your wheels should be 18 x 7-1/2 with +55 offset.

Non-sport trims get 17”.

There aren’t very many, if at all, aftermarket wheels that come at that high an offset though.

edit: Enkei PF01 comes pretty close... 18 x 8 +50. I know this because I bought the 17 x 8 +50 version.

·
Super Moderator
1,472 Posts
hi friend good day to u , as i am reading you upgrade to 19 inch 8 inch width , what dimension tyres did you use?also plz tell me if ET 45 can be use as i have an OZ rim 19 ich 8 inch width that i am not still using on my vezel,
I apologize, I must have missed your post. I am using 245/40 R19 tires which are about the same diameter as OEM wheels. You should not have a problem with 19x8 et 44

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not a reply to the question, but another question about wheel size... I have a 2019HRV sport and anting to get some winter wheels. What are the dimensions (offset etc) of original wheels? I would like to have exactly the same look, and wasn’t sure if these would do the job. See https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/wheels/pdp/rssw-touring-alloy-wheel-graphite-1411294p.1411296.html

If you do live in a snowy part of Canada and you drive a lot in the winter, going down to 16" wheels and narrow 16" tires would be cheaper and perform better than 17's or 18's.

There is a ton of winter tire info on this forum and a ton of info on the benefits of downsizing to 16" winter wheels and tires.

In the winter, performance trumps looks every time!

Reactions: ddemetra
1 - 20 of 22 Posts