Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello HR-V owners, I wanted to get your opinion on "wheel skin impostors" it looks like a hubcap but specifically made to change the look of current wheels. What do you guys think? Worth it? Its a cheap way to change the look of the stock wheels without having to spend hundreds of dollars for new wheels and tires. I've contacted the company and was quoted $79 with shipping.
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Alloy wheel

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
104 Posts
I remember seeing these ages ago when I worked at Discount Tire. Back then they were basically cheap trash, and wouldn't even last as long as cheap hubcaps for steelies. You'll have better luck (and more fun) using Plasti Dip to change the color style of your wheels.

Reactions: Explorer83

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
594 Posts
I remember seeing these ages ago when I worked at Discount Tire. Back then they were basically cheap trash, and wouldn't even last as long as cheap hubcaps for steelies. You'll have better luck (and more fun) using Plasti Dip to change the color style of your wheels.
After watching Donut Media's Hi/Low episode where Nolan "painted" their car... I feel more likely to go with the imposter wheel cover (if my intention was to stay stock wheel with different look).

, where he messed up.

where they fixed it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I pulled the trigger, I got the wheel imposter's for $79 with shipping included, I also ordered the black center cap from honda which belongs to the 2019 Honda HRV Sport model that has black wheels. I've driven 350 miles with the covers, went through numerous of Jersey style potholes and still intact. I took the car through the car wash and still holding up fine. I think this was a good investment, did not have to replace all four wheels to get a better look.
What do you HR-V owners think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
113 Posts
So I pulled the trigger, I got the wheel imposter's for $79 with shipping included, I also ordered the black center cap from honda which belongs to the 2019 Honda HRV Sport model that has black wheels. I've driven 350 miles with the covers, went through numerous of Jersey style potholes and still intact. I took the car through the car wash and still holding up fine. I think this was a good investment, did not have to replace all four wheels to get a better look.
What do you HR-V owners think?
Congrats on a good choice. As I said in a recent post - sometimes you take a chance and you win. My only comment is wtf is a "Jersey Style Pothole" ?. It is very much a matter of geography. For example, in northern Passaic County, we have ooh / ahh potholes and make a mental note to avoid it the next time, In Paterson, in southern Passaic County, potholes can blow tires, bend rims, cause blurred vision, loss of memory and PTSD :cry:😖. May all your potholes be little ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, I'm a bit central jersey so we have a couple of potholes that will leave a nice curb rash. So far I stay away from the "paterson" style potholes. Those will literally bend a rim and cause undercarriage damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts