Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would start a thread dedicated to when your dealer expects to receive a sample car. When one arrives you can post that here too......or if you have been given a date for the delivery of many cars.

I have not heard of a specific date yet for a sample, but my Phoenix dealer expects a full shipment around April 20th.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Good idea for a thread Bicepeak! I would suggest people also say where they are reporting in from as each country and region will be a bit different.

Latest from my dealerships here in the Sacramento, California area is that they will have a car "next month". If I get anything more specific I'll let the group know.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea for a thread Bicepeak! I would suggest people also say where they are reporting in from as each country and region will be a bit different.

Latest from my dealerships here in the Sacramento, California area is that they will have a car "next month". If I get anything more specific I'll let the group know.
Oh, that's right. I didn't say where I was reporting from. It is next to my avatar, but better to put it in the body of the message.

Reporting from the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is the email I got from my Philadelphia PA area dealer as I was signing the paperwork for my Subaru. Too little too late for me, but thought you'd all like to know...

"I just got word that we are having a training program on the hrv on the 10th of April. This will be our first chance to see and test drive as the sale force. Still no word exactly when we are going to get one to sell just yet. I'm hoping sometime mid to late April."

·
Registered
371 Posts
Our dealer (Toronto area) said to expect arrivals soon after they show up in the US. This is a typical pattern for new models coming to Canada. To date they have had nothing firm to report.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Unless Honda is playing favorites and only giving details to select few dealerships, there is currently no official ETA. Sure, some dealerships might tell you this day or that timeframe. But unfortunately chances are they're just guessing or going off of here say. As a Honda sales consultant, I can honestly tell you we have no official release time at this moment. What we DO know, is that sometime next month in April (not sure which day) our GM will be attending a Honda conference in Florida where they will be receiving updates and news regarding the HRV. I will let everyone know what I know when I know it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Here in Victoria BC my dealer says they're scheduled (by BC Honda) to receive their first 5 cars in May, with training a couple of weeks earlier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Indianapolis Dealer was supposed to get a training on Monday! Stopped in today and she said it had been indefinitely delayed. She's going to let me know when the car is there so I can take a peek.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Report from Mexico......courtesy of lalopacheco

Hrv in Mexico city

I live in Mexico city, yesterday I went to the dealer close to my place and was told the hrv is coming out next month, they do not have a price yet but expect it to be priced around 18k to 23k, I also so someone spotted a hrv been moved in the city probably been taken to a dealership so the info might be right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just spoke to a friend that works (salesperson) at a Honda dealership in the Bay Area, California. He expects the HRV to come to his dealership in mid to late April!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just spoke to a friend that works (salesperson) at a Honda dealership in the Bay Area, California. He expects the HRV to come to his dealership in mid to late April!

Cool ....starting to see a common timeframe here.

Talked to salesmen at an LA dealer and he said when they have a Honda representative with an early example of a car, it will only be for salesmen, not the public.

He said dealers used to go to a central location for orientation on a new vehicle, but now they have a rep visit each dealer for one day for two meetings.

He didn't believe there would be a nationwide meeting in one place.

I just hope that my local Phoenix dealer keeps her promise to let me see the car during her advance meeting. (Otherwise , I may have to abscond an official Honda shirt ..lol)

·
Registered
632 Posts
I just got confirmation from a dealer in my area (Sacramento, CA) that they will be getting a LX, EX, and EX-L with Navi. sometime next month. Also, they are taking deposits at this time, I'm not sure I want to take the leap just yet, though they did say if I didn't want the car it was refundable.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got confirmation from a dealer in my area (Sacramento, CA) that they will be getting a LX, EX, and EX-L with Navi. sometime next month. Also, they are taking deposits at this time, I'm not sure I want to take the leap just yet, though they did say if I didn't want the car it was refundable.

It's interesting that in all my dealer contacts , no one has suggested that I make a deposit. If it is refundable, it might make me do it. I could still have the option of shopping other dealers too that way.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's interesting that in all my dealer contacts , no one has suggested that I make a deposit. If it is refundable, it might make me do it. I could still have the option of shopping other dealers too that way.
That is because they all have you on speed dial. When the HRV comes in
YOU
will be the first one they call!

;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
We put a deposit down a month ago. Had my Pilot in today for service and talked with my salesperson. They now have 5 orders all for EX-L with navi. No firm delivery but best guess is May. Expect no discounts. Again best guess for pricing is CDN$ 22,000 - 30,000.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is because they all have you on speed dial. When the HRV comes in
YOU
will be the first one they call!

;)
I was going to try to deny that......but you guys know me too well. :)

Is anyone taking bets that I will be the first to jump at the first LX that comes along.....despite my resolve to do otherwise?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts