Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like most of us I am anxiously waiting the arrival of the HRV. I have had my deposit down since mid February. In Canada, Acura sell twice as many SUV's than cars. Honda has taken out the U.S. patent and trade mark for CDX. Would love to see what Acura would do with the HRV platform. Think they could squeeze a V6 in there;)

I Have to believe it's on the drawing board. 2017 or 2018

Thoughts anyone...

·
Registered
402 Posts
V6 s are on the way out, have been for a couple of years. I would bet on one of Honda's new generation small displacement , direction injection,turboed engines to fill the bill.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have two thoughts - both not worth the 2 cents of sugar it took to form them.

1. The CDX sounds like a no-brainer. It's basically the Buick Encore. Chevy took the Trax, luxed it up and called it the Buick Encore - and it's selling like hot cakes. So I can see Honda/Acura doing exactly the same thing.

2. Since they're doing the engine and drive train work for the CDX anyway, I have to believe we'll see a 2017 performance model HRV-R. The Honda tuner version of the HRV. Honda is stepping back into the performance world in a big way, based on the latest Civic-R news.

·
Registered
290 Posts
What would really make my day would be dropping an electric motor into the HRV. The next-gen Leaf is supposed to do 160 miles, which is all I need. Electrics can be driven easy, or they can clean up the road with lesser vehicles (go look for Tesla vs Hellcat).

But we're a two car family, so I always have car #2 for longer trips.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would really make my day would be dropping an electric motor into the HRV. The next-gen Leaf is supposed to do 160 miles, which is all I need. Electrics can be driven easy, or they can clean up the road with lesser vehicles (go look for Tesla vs Hellcat).

From your lips to their ears. Electric has been in the back of my mind for some time, especially for our second vehicle. This hasn't been a Honda strength however.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't get past the butt ugly grill that Acura seems to use on all models. A giant chrome chevron or some such nonsense. If there is an aftermarket solution like a billet grill I would be most interested. I owned an Acura in the nineties, great car. As long as they stick with the small footprint like the HR-V , count me in as interested... Minus the grill thing

·
Registered
55 Posts

My fear is that they will launch the vezel hybrid as an accura in the US, that will make it way over my budget and probably not worth the gass savings. The rep at the new york auto show said its unlikely, she said honda models in Japan usually become Honda models in the US, but I am not sure that is completely the case. I hope the launch an Accura version of the full electric and a honda version of the Vezel hybrid

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Probably around 2018.

Since the current RDX starts at $36,640 front wheel drive and going to $44,340 with all-wheel drive, I would expect prices to start at around $29,995 for a base with front wheel drive with the Advance Package AWD, being around $39,000.

Like most of us I am anxiously waiting the arrival of the HRV. I have had my deposit down since mid February. In Canada, Acura sell twice as many SUV's than cars. Honda has taken out the U.S. patent and trade mark for CDX. Would love to see what Acura would do with the HRV platform. Think they could squeeze a V6 in there;)

I Have to believe it's on the drawing board. 2017 or 2018

Thoughts anyone...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The HRV bones seem to be strong. If Acura really enhanced the mechanics and suspension, dressed up the interior and added a few more toys I believe it would work.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Definitely so, biggest difference to the HRV as is with most Acuras, it will be a very low volume vehicle. For example, the RDX sold about 3,900 unit in March while the CRV sold about 27,600.

The HRV bones seem to be strong. If Acura really enhanced the mechanics and suspension, dressed d up the interior and added a few more toys I believe it would work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was VERY disappointed to see that the U.S. version was NOT the version offered in Malaysia with the panoramic roof, two-toned interior materials, power folding mirrors and rear arm-rest with cup holders. The EX-L could've offered that in their trim line-up, but noooooo! It's too bad, but it's entirely plausible they'll wind up in a much more expensive Acura version (ala CDX) with a turbo'd version of the Earthdreams engine no doubt. C'mon Honda. There’s a "Touring" version of the CR-V and a high-end Accord with all the bells & whistles. Maybe in time?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Keep in mind the CRV has been out now for nearly 20 years and this is the first year for the Touring trim level.

I was VERY disappointed to see that the U.S. version was NOT the version offered in Malaysia with the panoramic roof, two-toned interior materials, power folding mirrors and rear arm-rest with cup holders. The EX-L could've offered that in their trim line-up, but noooooo! It's too bad, but it's entirely plausible they'll wind up in a much more expensive Acura version (ala CDX) with a turbo'd version of the Earthdreams engine no doubt. C'mon Honda. There’s a "Touring" version of the CR-V and a high-end Accord with all the bells & whistles. Maybe in time?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts