Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The small CUV class is about ready to explode, yet Ford and Toyota are no where to be found. Did they miss the invite?

Between the Chevrolet Trax, Honda HRV, Jeep Renegade, Mazda CX3, and Nissan Juke, there is alot of demand on the sidelines that will surely play out in dealerships this summer and early fall.

But where is this so call Ford Ecosport that has been out for several years and this Toyota C-HR which looks likenothing more than a Nissan Juke wanna be :|

·
Registered
738 Posts
Of all brands I thought Toyota would have something to join this segment since they already offer a range of compact vehicles elsewhere. Somethig that would shed light on this is an interview with some head at toyota, i'm sure they'll have something to say.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The above photo is a representation of what is suppose to be forthcoming from Toyota, but it is still sometime off. Last months auto sales only reinforced people shifting more and more from small and mid size cars and even large SUVs, to something like the CRV or more now to the HRV class.

Of all brands I thought Toyota would have something to join this segment since they already offer a range of compact vehicles elsewhere. Somethig that would shed light on this is an interview with some head at toyota, i'm sure they'll have something to say.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ford is weird. I have a Ranger pickup, and they keep telling me to replace it with an F150. Several hundred thousand Ranger owners keep telling Ford, "no, we don't want an F150". And Ford comes back with "Yes you do, buy an F150".

·
Registered
31 Posts
well i am comparing the size, x1 is tiny and low... as for price, it is indeed more, but then think 2nd hand x1 or a new hrv ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
If in U.S. the ford ecosport is not present you aren't missing much.
It's a low cost vehicle engineered for low cost markets like the Brazilian one.
This year should go out a restyle (after one year of distribution) and will see if they can make it better

·
Registered
255 Posts
My hope is that Ford and/or Toyota will break a bit from the current trend and offer something a bit more utility-oriented. The new coupe-like sculpted styling is great fro aerodynamics, but the traditional boxy greenhouse was ideal for visibility and functionality. Subaru Forester like, but maybe a tab smaller.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
My hope is that Ford and/or Toyota will break a bit from the current trend and offer something a bit more utility-oriented. The new coupe-like sculpted styling is great fro aerodynamics, but the traditional boxy greenhouse was ideal for visibility and functionality. Subaru Forester like, but maybe a tab smaller.
Completely agree. I remember a few years ago when they started sloping the back ( I think the best early example was the Lexus RX) for style. There goes some of the utility.

Now I don't expect it to be the box like my '04 xB , as extremely useful as that is. Square is "out". But at least make a nearly upright back to make for a more useful cargo area.

To it's credit, the RAV 4 does a good job disguising an upright back. That is why it actually has a bigger cargo volume than the CR-V. Other companies can use their imagination and do something similar.

·
Registered
255 Posts
To it's credit, the RAV 4 does a good job disguising an upright back. That is why it actually has a bigger cargo volume than the CR-V. Other companies can use their imagination and do something similar.
My 06 Escape is about where I would like to see rear styling. The hatch glass can easily open independent of the hatch, there is ample room and great visibility. It really surprised me how quickly and completely compact SUVs lost their outdoor utility roots.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Completely agree. I remember a few years ago when they started sloping the back ( I think the best early example was the Lexus RX) for style. There goes some of the utility.

Now I don't expect it to be the box like my '04 xB , as extremely useful as that is. Square is "out". But at least make a nearly upright back to make for a more useful cargo area.

Ah, that was my dream car when I was in high school! Still love the looks of them, but not going to pay that much for a car and sadly my parents didn't pay that much for my car then either..:crying::D

·
Registered
514 Posts
My 06 Escape is about where I would like to see rear styling. The hatch glass can easily open independent of the hatch, there is ample room and great visibility. It really surprised me how quickly and completely compact SUVs lost their outdoor utility roots.

I said this before and I know you commented, but I would be probably buying the escape if it hadn't changed into the ugly mess that it is now. My mom used to drive one before she had to look into something else and I always loved it!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts