Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm an Italian user and I thank you all for all the information shared on this forum.
In Europe the HRV will go out on July so we don't have much info from local sources.
What is surprising me when I see the features of the HRV is the absence of the Honda drive assistance technology (ADAS in Europe I don't know the U.S. NAME).
In particular I'm missing the Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning, do you have some info if they are really missing?
I see a lot of emphasis on the LaneWatch alone.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi all, I'm an Italian user and I thank you all for all the information shared on this forum.
In Europe the HRV will go out on July so we don't have much info from local sources.
What is surprising me when I see the features of the HRV is the absence of the Honda drive assistance technology (ADAS in Europe I don't know the U.S. NAME).
In particular I'm missing the Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning, do you have some info if they are really missing?
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW) are standard equipment on the Canadian HRV EXL. Also the Canadian EXL gets a rear seat centre arm rest and dual zone automatic climate control. The Canadian version may be closer to the the European version. The Canadian HRV will be released July 10th.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Unfortunately for us (US based customers) our version of Honda vehicles are often lacking in what are considered upper end options like what you call ADAS, but also things like LED headlights, panoramic moon-roof and some others. The common belief is that here in the US Honda owns another brand named Acura. Acura is a luxuery brand here and often Honda holds back on upscale options for Acura vehicles of the same design. Acura does not exist im most other countries so Honda can add better options Sucks to be us sometimes.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Acura in Canada is a popular line. In Canada Acura sell twice as many SUV's (MDX & RDX) as they do their car lines combined.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW) are standard equipment on the Canadian HRV EXL. Also the Canadian EXL gets a rear seat centre arm rest and dual zone automatic climate control. The Canadian version may be closer to the the European version. The Canadian HRV will be released July 10th.
Thank you, this relieves me a lot.
Typically we don't have LX, EX or EX-L trims but 4 ( comfort,sport,elegance and executive) so I'm curious to see how they will distribute features on 4 trims

Unfortunately for us (US based customers) our version of Honda vehicles are often lacking in what are considered upper end options like what you call ADAS, but also things like LED headlights, panoramic moon-roof and some others. The common belief is that here in the US Honda owns another brand named Acura. Acura is a luxuery brand here and often Honda holds back on upscale options for Acura vehicles of the same design. Acura does not exist im most other countries so Honda can add better options Sucks to be us sometimes.
You're right we don't have Acura but I thought that the only differences were on motors (we will have only 2WD earth dreams motors: 1.5 petrol 130 cv and 1.6 diesel 120cv the diesel without cvt) and trims not on features, because I thought that Acura make different models and not enhanced ones

·
Registered
5 Posts
Saw and test drove HR-V in Florida (one hour north of West Palm Beach). Unfortunately, my biggest disappointment is not having ADAS as an option in the US models, only LandWatch is available as standard on EX and EX-L. As others have written, ADAS is available in some other global markets like Australia and Canada. Also, my FL dealer said that they will now be getting any AWD models in Florida for immediate future as they will be going to the NE. Overall, though, I was very impressed with the HR-V but not ready to press the trigger - yet. HR-Vs are generally being sold at list or slightly above MSRP for now due to anticipated demand. I'm considering waiting until Mazda CX-3 is released this Summer/Fall as it is strongly rumored to have i-active sense, there version of ADAS. But the HR-V is very tempting for now. (currently own a 2010 Honda Civic EX-L)

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think it's a very safe bet that the top trims of the U.S. Mazda CX3 have all the safety features of the Euro/Canadian models of HR-V as listed above. The high-end versions of the U.S. Mazda3 already do.

I don;t know if these features are on current Acuras or not.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think it's a very safe bet that the top trims of the U.S. Mazda CX3 have all the safety features of the Euro/Canadian models of HR-V as listed above. The high-end versions of the U.S. Mazda3 already do.

I don;t know if these features are on current Acuras or not.
'Safe bet'
HaHaa
Good one
;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
This feature was most likely kept off to keep the Manufacturing Cost down along with the cost to consumer. US models (Accord) have ADAS features, but this specific model is geared towards the young explorer who can't quite afford a CRV yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts

European HR-V has ADAS in both Elegance and Executive trims, but not in the Comfort one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts