Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have issues with whistling? Brand new 2022 HRV & the whistle occurs once I reach 80 km/hr when I open the front windows. If I leave the front windows up & the back windows down it doesn’t whistle. It’s honestly driving me crazy! Dealership says nothing they can do to correct it. Takes the pleasure out of owning a new car 😔
I’ve always owned a Honda (this is my 6th one), never had this issue before.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
@Karenguthrie have you tried that fix on the other thread you've commented on?

It may be worth investing in a cheap go pro type camera, attach it to the back seats and record the various scenarios. Show it to the dealership, if they say no-can-do, ramp it up by getting HUS involved.

I don't think what you are experiencing is a common issue as I have not read many threads on it. Either most owners are like me and rarely drive at a reasonable speed with the windows down, or it is a 'one off' issue that may be down to a poorly installed door, or door seals. I had a poorly installed door on a previous vehicle that caused a whistle at speeds above 55mph.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I think the HRV is not a really quiet vehicle, I have wind buffeting issues with windows open that I never had in any other car before.
Does the whistling start with the window say 10%, or 50%, or all the way open ?
just drivers or you need both fronts open for it to start ?

I notice when its heavy rain out - you can see the water swirl between the gap at the side mirror and the window- so its possible it's an aero-thing happening right at that point and a possible source of the noise ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Karenguthrie have you tried that fix on the other thread you've commented on?

It may be worth investing in a cheap go pro type camera, attach it to the back seats and record the various scenarios. Show it to the dealership, if they say no-can-do, ramp it up by getting HUS involved.

I don't think what you are experiencing is a common issue as I have not read many threads on it. Either most owners are like me and rarely drive at a reasonable speed with the windows down, or it is a 'one off' issue that may be down to a poorly installed door, or door seals. I had a poorly installed door on a previous vehicle that caused a whistle at speeds above 55mph.
The Dealership refuses to correct the issue, saying that it’s normal. What is HUS?

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
Honda US/America. if you get no joy with the dealership, if you feel there is a genuine issue, then contact Honda US Customer Services and raise the concern with them. They may also fob you off, however, if it subsequently becomes a more serious issue or becomes more widely known, you will have a record of raising it with them if you need to get repairs done retrospectively and so on.

Ensure all correspondence between you and Honda (dealer and HUS) is in a printable format. No paper - No trail! It is very difficult to prove what someone may or may not have said either face to face or over the telephone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts