Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wind Whistling SOLVED!

Had this problem for awhile, one owner found a solution so decided to give it a try. Sound came from air gaps in between loosen electrical tape around the bundle of wiring. Just get a roll of tape to further secure any gaps. This only apply to whistling coming from side mirror area.
Went for a ride today, car ran above 120km/h, no whistle at all. WoooHoooo!!!:D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
I haven't noticed any whistling in mine, so hopefully this problem is an anomaly.

Maybe let your dealer know so some feedback can get to quality control in Mexico and the guy building them can get some constructive criticism.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
I haven't noticed any whistling in mine, so hopefully this problem is an anomaly.
I noticed some in the last HRV I drove...of course I was going 80 and most any car in this price range is going to have some whistling when you get up that high. I had not noticed it in the other two I test drove though...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's common for Honda to have wind whistling, several owners from where I come from faced this issue. So far 4-5 of them had resolved using this method. It may not work for some but definitely worth trying if whistling is coming from that area. Just run some tape over the existing one.

Did feedback and sent photos to Honda's plant and service center for awareness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noise drivers window area

When I reach speeds of 35 mph or faster there is a constant wind type noise near my left ear, it is very annoying. Once you hear the noise you can't unhear it. The dealership did not hear it the first time but said they checked the seal. The second time they heard it. They then taped all the doors,windows and sunroof on drivers side with frog tape and still heard the noise. Their answer was that they would check with Honda. This has been two weeks ago and I am contacting them tomorrow. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. By the way just bought car a month ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may be able to help!

I bought my HRV last September in the UK and immediately noticed a high pitch whistle from the passengers (left in UK!) front window area. To cut a very long story short it was taped up, the whole rubber on that side of the car was replaced, the wing mirror was taken apart and rebuilt AND still it whistled above 20mph. Eventually the dealer swopped it with a mirror off another HRV and lo and behold it stopped! So that was it, the dealer then replaced it with a new mirror and it's been fine ever since!! Get your dealership to change it - no question about it. All the best Paul.

·
Super Moderator
1,678 Posts
When I reach speeds of 35 mph or faster there is a constant wind type noise near my left ear, it is very annoying. Once you hear the noise you can't unhear it. The dealership did not hear it the first time but said they checked the seal. The second time they heard it. They then taped all the doors,windows and sunroof on drivers side with frog tape and still heard the noise. Their answer was that they would check with Honda. This has been two weeks ago and I am contacting them tomorrow. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. By the way just bought car a month ago.
You might have the same issue as the posts above?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
About a year ago someone here posted pictures showing an improperly sealed side mirror on the driver's door.

See: Wind Whistling SOLVED!

If you think this may be the same problem, print out that discussion and take it with you to the dealer.

By your screen name, I assume you ride motorcycles....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may be able to help!

I bought my HRV last September in the UK and immediately noticed a high pitch whistle from the passengers (left in UK!) front window area. To cut a very long story short it was taped up, the whole rubber on that side of the car was replaced, the wing mirror was taken apart and rebuilt AND still it whistled above 20mph. Eventually the dealer swopped it with a mirror off another HRV and lo and behold it stopped! So that was it, the dealer then replaced it with a new mirror and it's been fine ever since!! Get your dealership to change it - no question about it. All the best Paul.
I purchased my HR-V Special Edition in 2017 from the Dealership in Darwin NT Australia, and have this problem of very bad whistling on the drivers side and have now heard it on the passengers side. It has been into the Honda Dealer here in Darwin 3 times. They have changed the seals in the door and window with no improvement, they don’t know where the problem is. It is now going in for the 4th time on Monday. Now, after the help of a fellow HR-V owner, we have now the help from the HR-V Forum. I have emailed these sites to the Service Department.
Reading on this Forum, why haven’t all the dealers been informed of this world wide problem? We have been told that they have had no other reports come to them here locally. Thank you very much for your information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also! Steering column boot under your feet! I’ve had a whistle noise when any combination of windows are down over 80km/hr from my 2019 honda HRV driving me mad and turns out it’s the boot that needs a little TLC. So if the other seals and fixes don’t work for you - try the steering column boot fix! Here’s the video I found that changed my life haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts