·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!!
I have the following problem..:
When i open my window about half way..
I hear a disturbing noise..
When i use wd-40 there a slight improvement but after a few days the noise comes back..
Has anybody else the same problem??
What product do you guys use??
Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
580 Posts
I use this;

Every now and then lower the windows halfway and wipe some of the polish over the top of the glass to clear any debris that can accumulate there, and become trapped in the runners.

I use this
on the exterior rubbers; bonnet and door seals, rear hatch hoses, window surrounds. Just wrap a microfibre cloth around your forefinger, spray a little of the product on and gently work into the plastic and rubber. Remove the excess when cleaning the glass.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use this;

Every now and then lower the windows halfway and wipe some of the polish over the top of the glass to clear any debris that can accumulate there, and become trapped in the runners.

I use this
on the exterior rubbers; bonnet and door seals, rear hatch hoses, window surrounds. Just wrap a microfibre cloth around your forefinger, spray a little of the product on and gently work into the plastic and rubber. Remove the excess when cleaning the glass.
Isnt that about cleaning the window??

·
Registered
580 Posts
Isnt that about cleaning the window??
Yup!

Try cleaning the glass and the window guides/rubbers, as the noise may be dirt trapped in the window guides, or the guides may have dried out causing the glass to drag.

Is that not where you sprayed the WD40, or did you take the door card off and spray it directly onto the window mechanism?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup!

Try cleaning the glass and the window guides/rubbers, as the noise may be dirt trapped in the window guides, or the guides may have dried out causing the glass to drag.

Is that not where you sprayed the WD40, or did you take the door card off and spray it directly onto the window mechanism?
Hello,
I didnt spray it directly in the he window mechanism.
Its not caused by dirt or dry out of any kind, since that noise is from the first month or even week i purchased the car and it only has 5.000 km...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Now that you've supplied that additional information, I would suggest taking it straight back to the dealer to fix under warranty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that you've supplied that additional information, I would suggest taking it straight back to the dealer to fix under warranty.

I have tried that, but they told me that hat there is nothing to hey can do..
They said that this issue is the only issue with that car...
Nobody else hears noise while driving with an open window??

·
Registered
580 Posts
You need to record the noise that way we can get a better understanding of what you describe as 'disturbing'.

·
Administrator
1,847 Posts
I have tried that, but they told me that hat there is nothing to hey can do..
They said that this issue is the only issue with that car...
Nobody else hears noise while driving with an open window??

·
Registered
372 Posts
On our 2016 HRV all the window seals and window mechanisms are of low quality IMO.

All the windows are loose and rattle when part way down. Put the window 1/2 way down and then shake the door and push pull on the window glass with your hand.
It's especially noticeable when you close the door with the window 1/2 way down.
Same thing on a brand new 2020 HRV I compared with about a year ago.

I recommend to go to your Honda dealer and compare the windows on another HRV.

The windows rattling is completely unlike our 2006 TSX. I shouldn't really compare but our old TSX is screwed together way better than our much newer HRV.
Of course our TSX cost way more than our HRV.

We are about to park our HRV for the summer and get our TSX on the road!

·
Registered
65 Posts
@CalgaryHRV,

I just noticed that my HRV front windows (left & right) when part way down rattle when the door is closed.

I asked a buddy who also has a HRV to check his and let me know if it is the same issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts