Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently started noticing my HR-V is having problems cleaning the windscreen when it's pouring. This all started after I moved to a new rental property where there's lots of smokes as it's near a restaurant and it's a basement parking.

At first it was a minor discomfort but now It's getting rather dangerous as my vision gets blurred when I'm driving in the rain or when I clean the windscreen on the move with the spray. The following pics show the windscreen when the wiper is midway cleaning it.
Car Vehicle Sky Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Cloud Sky Water Road surface Asphalt

Sky Cloud Plant Car Vehicle

I tried cleaning the windscreen using auto glass cleaner and it did help but not to a great extent. I used a windscreen cleaning solution and it helps but again not to a great extent. The wiper is relatively new and I have cleaned all of them, including the rear one too, to no avail.

I've been told about Rain X and whatnot but I'm not sure if the issue is coating. It seems like there's some damage to the windscreen due to long exposure to smokes and need to get it cleaned before any coating applied.

I've included some pics that might help you see what's going on but I'm keen to understand how y'all keep your windscreen all clear. Appreciate your help on this. Thanks!

· Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
442 Posts
You could use Paint Cleaning Clay or Magic Eraser to remove any contaminants.

Still using the factory rubber blades? They work best IMO.

· Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
368 Posts
Clean the window with kerosene, wash thoroughly with soap and water, then use Clay Bar to get rid of any remnants, it looks like airborne oil deposit from the smoke, my daughters hair used to stink and be greasy from the smoke in Pizza Hut when she worked there.

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, I recently started noticing my HR-V is having problems cleaning the windscreen when it's pouring. This all started after I moved to a new rental property where there's lots of smokes as it's near a restaurant and it's a basement parking.

At first it was a minor discomfort but now It's getting rather dangerous as my vision gets blurred when I'm driving in the rain or when I clean the windscreen on the move with the spray. The following pics show the windscreen when the wiper is midway cleaning it.
View attachment 35202
View attachment 35201
View attachment 35200

I tried cleaning the windscreen using auto glass cleaner and it did help but not to a great extent. I used a windscreen cleaning solution and it helps but again not to a great extent. The wiper is relatively new and I have cleaned all of them, including the rear one too, to no avail.

I've been told about Rain X and whatnot but I'm not sure if the issue is coating. It seems like there's some damage to the windscreen due to long exposure to smokes and need to get it cleaned before any coating applied.

I've included some pics that might help you see what's going on but I'm keen to understand how y'all keep your windscreen all clear. Appreciate your help on this. Thanks!
Replace the blades

1 - 5 of 5 Posts