Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to ask if anyone can slightly hear the windshield wiper motor when running through the dash. It way be perfectly normal but I noticed when all windows are up and radio is off and you are running the front wipers you can hear the wiper motor just a little....with radio on or at speed you dont hear it..just at a stop...Just curious if anyone hears the motor the same...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could some of you sit in your hrv with the window up and no radio on and turn on your wipers and let me know if you can hear the wiper motor or a faint gear type sound when they are on....thanks for your help...

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
853 Posts
Would it not be better if you recorded the noise that is causing you concern, and then post it on here for others to hear and assess?

Annoying and and unusual noises can be subjective. If the high pitched 'whee-whee' noise you hear in you vehicle is the same as in the video I posted, that is similar to the noie I hear in my vehicle when there is no other noise to drown it out. And that noise is similar to other cars I have owned, some of which were more refined and better sound insulated than my HR-V.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would it not be better if you recorded the noise that is causing you concern, and then post it on here for others to hear and assess?

Annoying and and unusual noises can be subjective. If the high pitched 'whee-whee' noise you hear in you vehicle is the same as in the video I posted, that is similar to the noie I hear in my vehicle when there is no other noise to drown it out. And that noise is similar to other cars I have owned, some of which were more refined and better sound insulated than my HR-V.
Thanks for your post you know you are right about the whee whee sound explains it well. I guess I am not sure if it has always done that or I just heard the sound more because I had the radio off. I know that the HRV is not the most insulated for sound on the inside. It probably is normal but I may go by the Honda Dealer and ask to listen to another HRV to see if it is the same...again thanks for your post you always seem to help me out...

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
853 Posts
No worries on that front.

And you are perfectly entitled and well within your rights to take your vehicle back to the dealership and have them check it out. However, from personal experience they are not always the best at diagnosing issues. I had a failed DMF straight from the factory, and both dealerships I used for servicing didn't bat an eyelid even though it had visited both on numerous occasions.

This is what mine sounded like when I depressed the clutch;

They did eventually replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No worries on that front.

And you are perfectly entitled and well within your rights to take your vehicle back to the dealership and have them check it out. However, from personal experience they are not always the best at diagnosing issues. I had a failed DMF straight from the factory, and both dealerships I used for servicing didn't bat an eyelid even though it had visited both on numerous occasions.

This is what mine sounded like when I depressed the clutch;

They did eventually replace it under warranty.
Well I stopped by the dealer and tried 3 2022 hrv and they all did the same...no issued..just did not hear it before because I always had the radio on...Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts