Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the wire colors mean in relation to the tail light harness? I’m trying to find which wire is tail light positive, tail light negative, and brake light positive. I can’t find a wiring diagram or any information anywhere.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have. Most are plug and play with a piece that clips into the harness. I need to splice into wires so that doesn’t help me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not trying to wire a trailer up. I’m planning on installing lights to replace the reflectors on the rear bumper. And the instructions with them are pretty lacking.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Ok. So here’s the wires coming from the tail lights. I have no idea what color controls what.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I didnt take the best photos, but it looks like its light green for tail light positive - see last photo in my post here:

black is always ground/negative

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. Update. I connected black to black. Red to red/black stripe. Yellow to green/yellow stripe. I have lights on when my lights are on. I have turn signals when my turn signals are on. Nothing happens when I press the brake, so I got something wrong. I then switched the red to the green/yellow and yellow to red/black. That didn’t work so I put it back the way it was. Disconnected black and then nothing worked so that’s not right either. Any ideas?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds like youre close with the first try. I would switch the yellow to the green/white(grey?). Keep black connected!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You may be right. I didn’t want to mess with it too much since the DRL mode and the turn signal mode are working just fine. I’ll switch it out and see what happens.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
No. Switching yellow to green/gray from green/yellow results in loss of the turn signal function. However I DO get the brake function then.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So here’s my conclusion based on what I have done so far. Removing the black wire kills everything. Since it only comes with 3 wires, yet all 4 seem to do something different, I can’t figure out how to connect it and still have full function.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts