Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience using one like the one in the link or similar type? Do they work? Worth the $?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Anyone have experience using one like the one in the link or similar type? Do they work? Worth the $?

Your website does not list the HRV. So I would say no. This reminds me of those old tape deck line out cassettes. We all had them in the 80s/90s and hated them.

Android Auto is compatible with the following vehicles.

• Accord 2016-
  • Civic 2016-
  • Clarity Fuel Cell 2017-
  • CR-V 2017-
  • Fit 2018-
  • Freed 2017-
  • Odyssey 2018-
  • Pilot 2017-
  • Ridgeline 2017-

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here is how to know for sure. Can you use Android Auto via USB? If not you are out of luck. If it does work via USB Carsifi, AA Wireless or the new Motorola device -- any of them should work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Motorola just lets the maker use their name. They do not make it nor did they develop it. Not saying anything is wrong with it. Nothing is wrong with my AAWireless unit either.
I find the accountability factor to matter here though. Motorola is a name you should be able to trust with such things and they don't seem to be leaving the smartphone space anytime soon so at least you'll have a support center you can call.

Does that mean much? If you have to call, then no... it didn't help solve the issue. That said, Motorola now has to worry about a bunch of customers calling and flipping out over thier dongle not working/asking for refunds. I highly doubt a company like Motorola wants to deal with that just so they can have their name/logo posted on a half baked device that makes thier company look bad.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Maybe.... I have been in the automotive repair business for 42 years. All too many examples like parts sold under the name "Delco" that might be reliable or are often pure trash.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe.... I have been in the automotive repair business for 42 years. All too many examples like parts sold under the name "Delco" that might be reliable or are often pure trash.
The difference with the tech industry is that a design team actually has to spend more time on R&D/materials to make a device that works poorly. Android Auto wireless isn't the type of protocol that requires a high end desktop CPU or anything. The underlying chipset is simplistic as hell and the difficult part is getting the device to properly work.

Getting a transciever like this to work passibly = X amount of dollars

Getting the same transciever to work perfectly = more than X amount of dollars

Getting said transciever to seem like it works (i.e. working long enough to get you OUT of the return window for the device before breaking somehow) = ALSO more than X amount of dollars since they must design the software to break on purpose

Unlike a cheapo auto parts company, you con't exactly design software out of "low quality" materials. Said parts company can buy cheap materials and a device manufacturer can hire cheap software engineers but these are far from being the same thing. When this Moto tranciever's USB cable breaks a couple months in then I'll agree with you on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My carlinkit 3.0 works perfectly as if it was plugged in. Great product, connects reasonably quickly.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
279 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Same here. I hate the inconvenience to plug and then unplug phone from cable but at the current price of the wireless adapter for AA I'll stick with the cable.

LOL;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Same here. I hate the inconvenience to plug and then unplug phone from cable but at the current price of the wireless adapter for AA I'll stick with the cable.

LOL;)
The exchange rate between countries and US postage costs kills off sales outside the US.
A friend of mine in the USA sent me a cap about 3 yrs ago, it cost him twice the price of the cap to mail it to me.:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Totally agree. I can never buy stuff like motorcycle stuff from the US. The shipping cost is horrendous.

The best bet is buying from Europe where the shipping costs are more reasonable.

By the way shipping from Oz to Malaysia is also expensive....... a few months back I ordered a Unifilter pre-filter for my bike. Ouch.......LOL:eek:

·
Registered
279 Posts
The Minister for War & Finance has directed me to purchase a Carsifi Android Adapter as she is tired of plugging & unplugging her cell phone. I am one happy chappy at the moment. :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
My Carsifi arrived this morning. 👍👍😃

I spent over 2 hours in the car trying to make the Carifi do what it claims it can do.
I was one very "happy chappy", I connected the Carsifi and then the 1st cell phone. Then it was all downhill from there on in, I couldn't change from one cell phone to another. That is despite both cell phones being the same make and model, Samsung S10 G973F, with all current updates plus the same setting on both.

Has anybody else experienced the same problem?
If so, how did you solve it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the "magic button" has something to with enabling 2 phones....that's all I really know....
That's the item I cannot get to work. I cannot get the Carsifi to switch between either phone.
You can supposedly press the magic button twice (2) and it will switch from one phone to the next.

·
Registered
279 Posts
That's the item I cannot get to work. I cannot get the Carsifi to switch between either phone.
You can supposedly press the magic button twice (2) and it will switch from one phone to the next.
Finally got the magic button to work, as usual, it just needed patience to let it do it's own thing. I was expecting it to be a couple of seconds when changing over, but it takes mine around about 15 seconds, I haven't physically timed it.... yet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts