Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our family is big into cross country skiing, and I love the HR-V for many reasons.
My biggest regret is the lack of a 40/20/40 rear seat like the volkswagen, so two kids can sit in the back, while skis drop through the center. I know I can get a roof rack, and ski box, but they are a pain, fuel inefficient, and wind noise.

I tried in a CRV, and you can drop the ski bag over the back seat, starting in the second row seats. With the low roof line in the back, I'm not too sure a ski bag would fit in the back of an HR-V.

Any ideas out there ?
Or if someone has one, can you try ?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Honestly, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. The back seats do have a 60/40 split. But, as I said in my review from the Denver show, you aren't going to want to put 3 full size people back there. You could probably get the ski bag in, but it would be a projectile heeded between the front passenger seats on the event of a sudden stop. The 40 split might work if your kids are small and the ride is short, but I'd steer away from this use case.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think the roof rack or box is a better idea. It just sounds like from the amount of people that you are planning on putting in the back, it would probably be quite cramped.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I get snowboards in my 2008 Fit easily with the 40 side of the seat down and have plenty of room for 3 adult passengers and all their clothing/gear/snacks. I eventually got a roof rack because the sloppy wet snow we get in the PNW cakes onto the gear and melts off in the car on the drive home and I was tired of having to bring a pile of towels to wrap everything in. I suppose I could have bought a bag but a roof rack is way cooler. I've been keeping a close eye on the HRV, I believe the EX or EX-L comes with rails.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I get snowboards in my 2008 Fit easily with the 40 side of the seat down and have plenty of room for 3 adult passengers and all their clothing/gear/snacks. I eventually got a roof rack because the sloppy wet snow we get in the PNW cakes onto the gear and melts off in the car on the drive home and I was tired of having to bring a pile of towels to wrap everything in. I suppose I could have bought a bag but a roof rack is way cooler. I've been keeping a close eye on the HRV, I believe the EX or EX-L comes with rails.
I think only the EX-L gets roof rails but I imagine it will be an option on the EX and not the LX.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i think you'll be fine, 60/50 usually has the one seat behind the passenger as the 40, so assuming your kids dont mind sitting side by side you'll be able to fit your gear in there... but then again why not take some measurements and head out to your local showroom once they arrive?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kids are 13 and 16, so they won't fit on the 60 side.
Roof racks might be the only option. Hopefully it will be an option, and not only on the EX-L model.

I"m still contemplating the 2015 VW sportwagen with the 40/20/40 or 2015 Outback.

I'm up in Canada, so it might be a couple months before we get our first models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts