Honda HR-V Forum banner

161 - 180 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
2013 Elantra GT that I've kept almost immaculate for its 60k miles. Trade in value on Hyundai's really, really sucks, so I'm private selling.
Private selling is more pain but definitely worth it. I sold my car for $4k and dealer was offering $1900.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Private selling is more pain but definitely worth it. I sold my car for $4k and dealer was offering $1900.
Yeah. First dealer offered me six grand. SIX. Not even KBB is that harsh. They're listed everywhere from $11-13k, so I slapped a $13k obo price on it and I'm rolling.

I really only wanted NADA trade in value on it. *shrug*

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Many times the dealer will low ball the trade in and then lower the price of the new car. So then the buyer tells everyone they got such a great deal and is so happy. So a win-win for everyone. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
2008 335i currently. I know someone willing to buy it as soon as I'll sell it. Test drove an HR-V today because I need room for my dogs. I really liked it.

I also have a '95 turbo del Sol.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
2008 335i currently. I know someone willing to buy it as soon as I'll sell it. Test drove an HR-V today because I need room for my dogs. I really liked it.

I also have a '95 turbo del Sol.
Went on a recent 6 hour car ride (one way) with wife, baby, 90 lb lab, and 30lb mix. All enjoyed the ride, and cleanup wasn't bad because I put the dogs on the floor with the seat up in "tall mode"

It's a great pet car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went on a recent 6 hour car ride (one way) with wife, baby, 90 lb lab, and 30lb mix. All enjoyed the ride, and cleanup wasn't bad because I put the dogs on the floor with the seat up in "tall mode"

It's a great pet car
I keep debating on which trim. I'd prefer an EX-L AWD w/ MT, but I don't think that was made.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I keep debating on which trim. I'd prefer an EX-L AWD w/ MT, but I don't think that was made.
Yeah, only FWD with lx or ex, or in Canada only lx.

Only thing I wanted from the exl was the roof rack, otherwise I found ex to be the sweet spot personally. Heated seats, push button start, big touch screen

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dealer asked me if i was interested in leather, sunroof or onboard nav. I said no. i drove home with a 2018 AWD LX model and saved thousands. My phone is my GPS and well Siri or Google is far superior to Honda voice. I live in snow country where AWD is a definite advantage during winter driving. I'm not impressed with the Honda touch screen but it does its job none the less. I love the back up camera. All in all i love my HRV and the simplicity about it. It just works for us. I don't need heated seats with cloth. Wife does with her leather seats that are fire hot in summer and cold as ice in winter. I don't like leather seats personally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Acura TSX 6MT with 378,000 km, which sounds much more impressive than miles. The car just keeps on ticking, so while I like to know what I might replace it with, I have no plans at this time.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
248 Posts
I drive a 2006 CR-V, manual transmission...original owner.

The daughter just bought a 2019 HR-V EX in Orangeburst Metallic.

Other family vehicles include TWO sports cars, a Jeep, and a minivan. We keep our cars 'FOR-EVER". :x

·
Banned
609 Posts
We only own a Honda HR-V EX. Don’t be offended by a low trade in value..it is the price difference that matters…remember we only pay tax on the difference (in America). My HR-V is pearl black…never has been my favorite car color, but I have the time to keep it clean now and the average high in July is 75 degrees here, and I am starting to like it

·
Registered
79 Posts
We only own a Honda HR-V EX. Don’t be offended by a low trade in value..it is the price difference that matters…remember we only pay tax on the difference (in America). My HR-V is pearl black…never has been my favorite car color, but I have the time to keep it clean now and the average high in July is 75 degrees here, and I am starting to like it
Lucky. In California, DC, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, and Virginia you pay sales tax on the full value of the new car, not the delta.

161 - 180 of 214 Posts