Honda HR-V Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
HRV VTI-R
1 Posts
Ok got this CBTA warning this morning, first start, car in Garage(Vti-r). Vehicle is 10months old, 9000 Klms 2021 plated.

Thinking its heat or dirt (yes its hot but car was in garage all night) I put water over sensor area to clean glass....auto wipers smacked my hand....urrrgggh! Cleaned sensor area...CBTA warning went "off" as soon as I cleaned, vehicle still running.

Shut it down re-start...all gone.

The Vehicle was pretty dirty in that area. FWIW to anyone. oh don't use WD 40 in switches...you can buy proper cheap electronic spray cleaners (I'm ex fast jet Avionics tech)...WD40 is almost a light blend of kero and baby oil.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 2019 HRV with the CTBA warning light coming on intermitantly, I found that replacing the Battery cured this problem, It seems that Honda use this as a warning sign of a failing battery. Hope this helps cure your problem.
Les.( Perth )

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2015 HRV Limited Edition in Australia. The car has been faultless for three years. Now I also have the City Braking warning lights showing randomly. After checking the user manual, I made sure the windscreen was faultlessly clean, not parked in hot weather, reset it etc.

Does anyone have an answer yet, please? I am sure this is going to cost me big money as the car is just out of warrantee.
Yes, I had the same problem. This happens when the battery has deteriorated as I found when mine was operating at 50%. I changed the battery and problem solved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,
Has anyone seen this hazard come on their HRV before? Its something to do with the City Break Assist feature, just wondering has anyone fixed this themselves or had to take it to Honda for a service?
This has to be covered by warranty if I'm not mistaken?
This has just happened to.me - car was in sin for a coouple of hours. Happened before - then next day disappeared - gather will do same!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to chip in and say had this error message and changed battery this morning and it has disappeared. Mechanic ran a battery test before changing it and it failed. The message was popping up and disappearing intermittently before this - I think related to long drives charging up battery and causing the message to disappear. Hope it helps others as this post definitely helped me (Honda Service 'reset' the computer and wanted the car in for another full day when the error came back - which was too inconvenient for me with drop off/pick up and transport without car)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wilko, I am also near Rockhampton and have this issue with CTBA in my 2018 hrv.. Took to local dealer for routine service who then came up with nothing except "get a new battery". Ironically, the service which occured at the same time said battery "tested okay". Somewhat of a contradiction!! No problems whatsoever "starting" for last year or so since service, but CTBA continues to come and go irrespective of temperature. Time to press Honda for a real fix... Not just keep us buying new batteries prematurely.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts