Honda HR-V Forum banner

981 - 988 of 988 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife hates car shopping so I do the grunt work and show her just two or three finalists. The HRV EX was one. The other two are the Mazda CX30 and the RAV4 Hybrid. Totally different vehicles but each meets some but not all of our needs. Today at the Honda dealer I was favorably impressed by the HRV and mentioned that I wish I could drive it home to show my wife. Home is an hour away. The sales manager tossed me the key fob and said “Bring it back Monday morning.”

so I’ve been given the chance to take it for a really thorough test drive. I like everything about it...except the seats. It feels like I’m sitting on a wooden plank!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have the HRV and my bride has a RAV4, both 2016s. The RAV is bigger, quieter, and more expensive. There are things about it that I really don't like (powered rear hatch for example), but it is a great vehicle. Mazdas are pretty good as well. The two things I'd change about my HRV - make it quieter and give it a few more horses under the hood. But, overall I love it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My wife hates car shopping so I do the grunt work and show her just two or three finalists. The HRV EX was one. The other two are the Mazda CX30 and the RAV4 Hybrid. Totally different vehicles but each meets some but not all of our needs. Today at the Honda dealer I was favorably impressed by the HRV and mentioned that I wish I could drive it home to show my wife. Home is an hour away. The sales manager tossed me the key fob and said “Bring it back Monday morning.”

so I’ve been given the chance to take it for a really thorough test drive. I like everything about it...except the seats. It feels like I’m sitting on a wooden plank!
I would go with the Mazda CX30 over the HR-V, I was able test test drive and it wins hands down.The engine ( 46 more horsepower ) and transmission are tops for the class and the seats are the best. That is why I am moving over to the CX-30 at the end of my lease this month. Plus it has a lot more SAFETY AND SECURITY features.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Mazda makes some good cars. The CX-3 was one of my choices until the local Dealership closed. I’m surprised that Mazda came out with the CX-30 as it fits in between the CX-3 and CX-5 (Already small SUVs). But the market loves SUVs over sedans these days. Wonder if Mazda will drop the CX-3 and the CX-30 will become their SUV starting point. The extra HP is nice and you are not losing much MPG.

Good luck with your car when you get it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mazda makes some good cars. The CX-3 was one of my choices until the local Dealership closed. I’m surprised that Mazda came out with the CX-30 as it fits in between the CX-3 and CX-5 (Already small SUVs). But the market loves SUVs over sedans these days. Wonder if Mazda will drop the CX-3 and the CX-30 will become their SUV starting point. The extra HP is nice and you are not losing much MPG.

To be honest I have really enjoyed my HR-V, great car but I am looking for more safety and security features like the CR-V has but wish to stay with a small SUV/CUV. The CX-30 fits what I am looking for in size and safety and security features.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

I love the look of the CX-30, but it's got less cargo room for lower MPG. I know the HRV isn't perfect but I really think they pulled off a tough combination to beat in some ways

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

981 - 988 of 988 Posts