Honda HR-V Forum banner

961 - 978 of 978 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did not look at all the previous posts so these complaints have probably already been mentioned but here is my two cents... I have only had my HR-V for two days (so still learning about all the electronics) but already there are three things missing on this model.
1) I wish the tire pressure screen would show which tire is low versus just the simple warning icon. My wife’s old Nissan Altima has a great tire indicator which tells you not only which tire is low but how much air each tire has.

2) I miss not having a sunglasses holder. (Like the Altima)

3) My 2012 Fit has better beverage storage compartments than this 2019 HR-V. These drink holders in the door are too small and there is no drink holder in front of the air vent like the 2012 Fit has. The center console has decent drink holders but that is about it. I also don’t like the hard to reach USBs . And why not have a dedicated place for the phone or Garmen devices?

These are small complaints. I love so many of the other HR-V features. I will adjust.
Your console has slots on the sides for your phone,if nor I dont know why,mine does

·
Registered
91 Posts
Y
It's weird to me how many people really dislike those rear handles work fine for me? I actually thought that was a nice touch, but I'm an engineer so I guess I think like them. You don't like having a clear window when backing up? Doesn't hurt anything... Unless as said above your car is already broken? You should throw away your hatch mounted bike carrier before it throws your bike away. I worked at a bike shop, I've seen the carnage they create when they fail, and the damage hanger style racks cause to bikes. You get what you pay for with them... Hitch mounted tray style are the only way to go for me.
Our hrv has a hitch LOL

·
Registered
796 Posts
It's probably been mentioned... but right now, I'm seriously hating the wipers. The driver's side wiper is useless on the upper portion. It's like the stupid blade is frozen (despite it being WARM) and can't straighten out. End result is a giant swath of water that doesn't get wiped away.
Michelin wipers at Costco - $9. Problem solved! :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello!

No
Yes
Yes

I drive in recirc mode until the windows get a little foggy, then I open it back up and add defrost to front windows w heat on feet.

The longest I've driven the car for 40 minutes and the thing just won't get hot.
Check the rad coolant,some came off the lots low

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's probably been mentioned... but right now, I'm seriously hating the wipers. The driver's side wiper is useless on the upper portion. It's like the stupid blade is frozen (despite it being WARM) and can't straighten out. End result is a giant swath of water that doesn't get wiped away.
Oh my ,I have no problems with my wipers

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
248 Posts
Oh my ,I have no problems with my wipers
One night when it was very cold outside, I thought it would snow the next day, so I lifted the wipers up... it didn't snow. Since then, that top part refuses to clear away. So, the only think I can think of is that it somehow got used to the bend it had while it was sticking up.

But hey, since you don't have that problem, great for you. We can both keep going with what we've got going, k?

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Sport
5 Posts
What do you dislike about the HRV?
1.8-litre

The 1.8-litre, i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine, combined with Honda's Eco Assist™ system, is designed to keep your ride as efficient as it is smooth, while the available steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters bring the drive of your life right to your fingertips.

Having quoted the above from Honda, I knew this from the start that one of the main complaints was about this engine and its lack of HP.
I sold my 2017 Honda Civic EX-T with the 1.5-litre engine. (sold due to a bad hip) It went like a scared rabbit and got between 5-5.5 L/100 km. (47-43 m/gal US) I think Honda should think about upgrading the engine. Other than that I only had it for 2 weeks and I am still getting accustomed to it.

I did my research prior to and reviews between the HR-V, Hyundai Kona and Mazda CX-3 the HR-V came out on top other than the comments about the engine.

My Thoughts

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 1.8-litre, i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine, combined with Honda's Eco Assist™ system, is designed to keep your ride as efficient as it is smooth, while the available steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters bring the drive of your life right to your fingertips.
You have to hand it to them, that's some pretty amazing marketing speak. Equating this engine to "the drive of your life" is like saying that a trip to McDonalds is the meal of your life.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You have to hand it to them, that's some pretty amazing marketing speak. Equating this engine to "the drive of your life" is like saying that a trip to McDonalds is the meal of your life.

Lol... Totally agree. If a 140HP 4 cylinder engine in a 3000lb SUV is the drive of your life, you may need to get out more.. :)

Yesterday I took a brand new 2020 Corvette for a spirited test drive.
For those who don't follow performance cars, the 2020 Corvette is now mid-engine for the 1st time ever.
Despite all the media focus and hype on electric/hybrid/SUV boredom, the new Corvette changes everything.

The biggest automotive news in the last year should be the new Corvette and the new Mustang GT500,
however the lame Tesla Cybertruck and a bunch of large SUV's got all the attention... siiiiigh...

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you dislike about the HRV?
I like the HR-V, however it does not come in the color I want ( camel, tan, or something in the brown tones) , nor does it offer a camel leather interior, like the odyssey has. When will this be changed. I am holding out for these features...

·
Super Moderator
1,526 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Unsupportive seats
Weak engine
Noisy
Poor internal storage compartments.
Odomoter inaccurate when on Econ mode
Unsupported how? These are about as stiff and contoured seats you can buy in a stock economy car.

Leg support if you're tall? That I understand, packing washers under the front seat bolts did wonders for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

961 - 978 of 978 Posts