Honda HR-V Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Being a Toyota person, I thought this was my next new car about six months ago. But the high price point and too Nissan Jukie took it out of the running. Loving the HRV! Interested to see how the CHR sales when it USA debuts in next couple of weeks.

Have to laugh that the Kia Soul is included in the HRV segment. Guess it has to fit in somewhere.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for this, here is another (official?) photo of the "view" from the rear seat:

I wish more manufacturers in this segment would take rear + cargo space into consideration. C-HR, the Juke, and Cx-3 seem to sacrifice practicality in order to be more fun or stylish. This is where I think Honda and Subaru (Crosstrek) have it right.
Oh my goodness that looks cramped..... I really don't like how Toyota took a part of the rear door windows away for the handle either. That almost looks like an airplane window... I can get pretty claustrophobic, depending on the circumstance, so that would really irritate me. Also, looking at the space between the rear seat and roof, Honda really did well with the interior spacing with the HR-V.

I'm really glad I chose the HR-V. What's funny is it was a Sunday, and I had realized my previous car was starting to overheat really badly and I knew I needed a new car. I just knew that was the week I had to buy one. I knew I was going to buy one eventually obviously but I had literally decided that day, that I would buy a new car that week. I liked the look of the HR-V, went to one dealer Monday afternoon, then another dealer Tuesday night, and signed papers on a brand new HR-V lol. I didn't even check out the competition. I knew in my heart that Honda would be the best and actually looking at the competition after the fact, I was right!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Stopped by closed dealership today and viewed the C-HR. If space and the price points are not major factors, then definitely put this car in your test drive.

For me, like the HRV, the CHR looks better in person than internet pics.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Stopped by closed dealership today and viewed the C-HR. If space and the price points are not major factors, then definitely put this car in your test drive.

For me, like the HRV, the CHR looks better in person than internet pics.
I checked one out Saturday in the Phoenix area and it was pretty cool. The front seats seemed really large and I liked the high ceilings. The passenger seat was also height adjustable which is something you rarely see.

I did expect the cargo area to be small, but the floor is also really high there and so it was smaller than I thought. I think that is in part because of the superior suspension back there that gives it great handling, but does take up trunk space.

There is no LE now, but I think there may be one later and that should help with sales volume.

Very happy with my RAV4, so not in the market anyway. :)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Being a Toyota person, I thought this was my next new car about six months ago. But the high price point and too Nissan Jukie took it out of the running. Loving the HRV! Interested to see how the CHR sales when it USA debuts in next couple of weeks.

Have to laugh that the Kia Soul is included in the HRV segment. Guess it has to fit in somewhere.
Actually, the Soul fits in very well with the "high riding hatchback" that they both are. The one thing that doesn't make it a totally in the same segment is the lack of available AWD on the Soul.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I like Toyota and waited a year hoping to get a CHR. Was supposed to be a Scion but when Toyota banished Scion to the Curb, they just rebadged it. Yeah, too Jukie looking and mono spec (Scion influence). Glad for my HRV decision.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I always thought the Juke looked like a giant shoe ;)
After my Fit got totaled, I wanted AWD (I missed that having previously owned a Subaru) and magic seats, so the HR-V was perfect for me. I didn't even look at the competition. My daughter has a manual Crosstrek and I've driven that, but it seemed smaller on the inside with less storage than my Fit, but more rugged.

Being short, I would have visibility problems with the CH-R, plus I do not like the aggressive looking front end.

Here's a comparison from AutoGuide between HR-V & CH-R

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw the C-HR vs. HR-V video. Now I know why they normally don't show the front view of Toyota C-HR in pictures. It looks like someone pouted or pursed their lips and ready to spit out the Toyota emblem. I don't think the 2018 C-HR has AWD either. No thank you. I prefer my smiley faced HR-V.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Toyota Mean Look

I saw the C-HR vs. HR-V video. Now I know why they normally don't show the front view of Toyota C-HR in pictures. It looks like someone pouted or pursed their lips and ready to spit out the Toyota emblem. I don't think the 2018 C-HR has AWD either. No thank you. I prefer my smiley faced HR-V.
The 2018 RAV 4 also has a scowling front end. Nice looking vehicle until you see it from the front. Just looks angry/aggressive. I prefer the cheerful HR-V on my driveway

·
Registered
778 Posts
She didn't spend enough time to learn some of the neat features of the HR-V. Like when she is showing the volume adjustment, she doesn't show that you can go up and down by pressing and holding on the slider vs. the up/down buttons. Much easier and friendly. Not to mention, I NEVER use the screen and only adjust the volume from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
507 Posts
She didn't spend enough time to learn some of the neat features of the HR-V. Like when she is showing the volume adjustment, she doesn't show that you can go up and down by pressing and holding on the slider vs. the up/down buttons. Much easier and friendly. Not to mention, I NEVER use the screen and only adjust the volume from the steering wheel.
This issue seem to be common on several reviews of the HR-V. The reviewer complains about no radio knobs & having to adjust the volume on the "non-responsive & slow"screen, when it so much simpler to do it on the steering wheel - safer & much less distracting than reaching for radio knobs. I change stations & do almost everything through the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
875 Posts
On a similar note, I notice folks in new to 1-4 years old cars, using their phone. And I know these cars have BT and most folks have smartphones. Usually very simple to set up. Or you can have your 10 year old child do it. ;)

101 - 117 of 117 Posts