Honda HR-V Forum banner

201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
Been lurking here for a bit, recently got my 2018 HR-V LX about 2 weeks ago (as you can tell, still have dealer plates in front lol).

Plastidipped wheels black, and got windows tinted!

5% for all of rear.
25% front. (legal for Texas)

Next up is an AEM cold air intake, floor mats, and some side-window deflectors! Should come in a few days.

Nice!
I saw you on the HRV USA Facebook page too lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
Been lurking here for a bit, recently got my 2018 HR-V LX about 2 weeks ago (as you can tell, still have dealer plates in front lol).

Plastidipped wheels black, and got windows tinted!
Did you use the plastidip glossifier over the base coat? If you do, the plastidip will last longer and brake dust will come off easier… Two coats will do it......

·
Registered
769 Posts
Glen, I need you to come to Colorado and take care of my car for me for a week or two. Plastidip the wheels. Paint my calipers. Detail in and out. Drink a few adult beverages in between each step for good measure. Pinstripe... yada, yada, yada...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Glen, I need you to come to Colorado and take care of my car for me for a week or two. Plastidip the wheels. Paint my calipers. Detail in and out. Drink a few adult beverages in between each step for good measure. Pinstripe... yada, yada, yada...
Sounds good, i need to restock up on edibles!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice!
I saw you on the HRV USA Facebook page too lol
Yup that's me! lol, installed mats and window visors today!

Did you use the plastidip glossifier over the base coat? If you do, the plastidip will last longer and brake dust will come off easier… Two coats will do it......
I actually used Metalizer since I couldn't find any glossifier, but I did apply about 2-3 coats per tire of matte black, metalizer, then one last coat of black to dull out the sparkles since I didn't really enjoy it too much, much preferred the flat black, makes it look a lot more sporty and tough

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
We parked next to my HRV's cousin today. Coincidentally, we left the mall at the same time as the owner and I overheard her pointing out some differences, including the wheels, and she told her friend it was the 2018 model. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
I recently went thru a move, and it was basically done entirely with the HRV. This is amazingly going from from a 4 br house to a 2br condo. I made multiple trips plenty of times but since the move was in same town and also storage unit was in same town, it was possible gas mileage wise.

The HRV just handled everything brilliantly.

The amount of stuff people accumulate and the amount of stuff I was able to move with the HRV. I was and am really proud to own this car. It has off the chart utility. I moved primarily boxes but also did furniture as well. There was only 2 items I could not fit in my HRV and I went with a friend in his Lexus RX.

I wholeheartedly would recommend this car and can’t wait for the next generation.

Overall, going thru a move sucks a lot. But having control over the actual moving of stuff by utilizing my HRV. It lessen the awfulness of it all.

·
Banned
85 Posts
I recently went thru a move, and it was basically done entirely with the HRV. This is amazingly going from from a 4 br house to a 2br condo. I made multiple trips plenty of times but since the move was in same town and also storage unit was in same town, it was possible gas mileage wise.

The HRV just handled everything brilliantly.

The amount of stuff people accumulate and the amount of stuff I was able to move with the HRV. I was and am really proud to own this car. It has off the chart utility. I moved primarily boxes but also did furniture as well. There was only 2 items I could not fit in my HRV and I went with a friend in his Lexus RX.

I wholeheartedly would recommend this car and can’t wait for the next generation.

Overall, going thru a move sucks a lot. But having control over the actual moving of stuff by utilizing my HRV. It lessen the awfulness of it all.
Moving sucks, but I'm glad the HRV can handle the move!

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
I moved my daughter across the country using primarily my HRV with a topper. She only had one piece of furniture she was taking, but tons of boxes. To give you an idea of the volume between the topper and the HRV, I used one of those big hotel luggage carts to unload my car. It took 3 trips with that thing completely full to carry what came out. Gas mileage suffered (23mpg with an AWD), but it was definitely a LOT cheaper than a rental truck, moving company, or a POD. Amazing utility.

·
Banned
85 Posts
I moved my daughter across the country using primarily my HRV with a topper. She only had one piece of furniture she was taking, but tons of boxes. To give you an idea of the volume between the topper and the HRV, I used one of those big hotel luggage carts to unload my car. It took 3 trips with that thing completely full to carry what came out. Gas mileage suffered (23mpg with an AWD), but it was definitely a LOT cheaper than a rental truck, moving company, or a POD. Amazing utility.
Wow!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just installed the optional 2019 spoiler on my 2016 HRV. I like it way better then the stock one. Looks just like the JDM one.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Seat Back Protectors

I ordered these in August and they were back ordered until October. They are listed as an accessory for the 2019 HR-V, but fit my 2017 just fine.

Just received them and installed today. Very simple installation. The "fasteners" listed in the instructions are basically Velcro tabs which stick to the fuzzy material on the seat backs. At first I thought I needed to order the additional parts (fasteners), but then realized the Velcro pieces on the back of the protectors were the fasteners.

Hope they will remain secure for when I am hauling items in the back.

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08U43-T7S-100.html

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/hrv/2019/seatbackprotectors.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Would have really freaked out users if you had put Turbo instead! Ha
Ha! I did that....a couple months ago ...;;just to mess with a couple civic turbo owners in my condo garage… they always go by the car real slow with their neck stretched out… For a better look…

·
Registered
64 Posts
Farkling the HR-V

Good morning all:
I bought my new to me 2016 HR-V EX M6 on August 31st.

Modes to date:
--Curtis Hitch CUR11416
--LED interior lighting
--Aeroskin Hood Protector AUT320059
--15 inch rims and Firestone 205/65R16 Winterforce II tires--it will get snowy up here soon enough
--35% tint on the driver and passenger windows + tint strip at top of the shield
--Stebel Nautilus Truck Horn
--Sportwing Body Molding FE-HRV16
--body decal Ultimateprocy
--Hardwired Garmin 45 Camera

I'm considering two more minor changes.
--Replacing the rear cigarette port with a dual USB port.
--put a USB port in the blank spot on the switch panel on the drivers left. Currently I've strung a charging cable from the left port under the dash to the A-pillar. Apparently there are inserts available on Amazon that would slip into the blank.

The adventure continues!
Kris

201 - 220 of 247 Posts