Honda HR-V Forum banner

221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the car last month and so far have added splash/mud guards, hard cargo cover, all weather floor mats and cargo mat, and just installed the remote start kit - haven't made it to the dealer to have it programmed yet. Finishing touch - tire valve stem caps to match my aegan blue HRV.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Got the car last month and so far have added splash/mud guards, hard cargo cover, all weather floor mats and cargo mat, and just installed the remote start kit - haven't made it to the dealer to have it programmed yet. Finishing touch - tire valve stem caps to match my aegan blue HRV.
Pictures or it didn't happen... :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got some pretty cool rear reflector lights this weekend. (Amazon).

Direct change out with the old ones, just had to drill a hole for the wires and connect to earth, tail lights, brake lights and indicators.
Took the local stereo shop about 15 minutes...:)

Tail lights are a tube LED around the rim, Brake lights are rim and LED's in the center (brighter), and indicators are the center flashing.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Annual wash, clay bar, and spray wax.

Feels good to get the salt off and a layer of wax under the layer of gnats and mosquitoes I'm about to put on it.

Wife thinks I'm crazy for spending a few hours a year on it, but it's so smooth and shiny after I'm done!

No rust yet, 72k miles. Lots of rock chips down to metal though, will keep waxing over them to protect

This thing is my truck, I want it to last but it doesn't have to be show room perfect for life. Figure a good wax is a little bit of preventive maintenance to keep it from rusting

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
OK, but why park on your lawn?!? Dude!!!
Actually done on purpose, I live in a lake community where stormwater drains straight into fresh waterways. The recommendation is to wash your car on the lawn, any contaminants (oil, soap, etc) get flushed into your yard instead of the local lakes.

It's a small thing, but I like doing what I can. Grass pops back up

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe...I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this. I could fill in the gap, or plastic dip black in the centre section.
Still working it out in my head....
Ok the colour isn't what I was looking for. I tried it without the white base coat and it is still too red/pink for me. I've ordered another colour and we'll see how that works out.
I have decided I like the placement. I certainly gets a lot more attention this way...and in a positive way.
I've had two people ask me if it was factory..
The experiment continues.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I wish I had the guts to do mine!
I'd help you if you lived closer. It's not really that difficult. The hardest part was trying to remember how to mount everything but once I remembered, the installation went smoothly. It took about 2.5 hours but I can probably do it in half that time now.

I did have some issues with the paint and clear coat cracking due to a weird reaction but that is a different story.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts