Honda HR-V Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good afternoon all:
Well I hope the odyssey is done.
I finally settled on a colour and pattern for the HRV. External modes: all the lights are now LEDs, door sills installed, the hood was plasti-dipped black with orange stripes (long story), body moulding is on and the decal has been applied. I was aiming at a modern interpretation of the 1980s look. I think I've got it..without become a middle age crisis, LOL
I think that is it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I broke a little cover.

To be specific, I was swapping in LEDs for the various interior lights and I didn't know how the cover ("lens A") for the vanity mirror lights were supposed to pop off. I forced it off around the top because I saw a small gap on the side near there... it's a trap! After some effort it popped open... while breaking the two tabs up there.

Now, I know... pry at the bottom. :(

I also swapped out the LEDs in my Fit... not that I'll be able to drive it soon enough... still waiting for parts to replace the rear brakes.

Now I have to get a replacement cover... I guess, tomorrow, I'll head over the dealership where I bought the HR-V from, and pick up that part. And while I'm there, I'll pick up the part I was supposed to pick up last week, but forgot about. It's a "cushion, hood" part that apparently fell off my Fit. They're pieces of hard rubber near the front that the hood rests on when closed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Today (around 1 am), I f'd up my navigation.

As you know, the 2019 navigation uses Gamin. It also includes 5 years of "courtesy" map updates. Well, last night, I downloaded the map from Garmin and installed it as per their directions. Everything went fine, I thought.

Turns out, while I can use voice commands to start navigating, it won't recognize any address or location. After saying any address, it's supposed to either respond that it recognized what you said or not... but now it just sits there, never responding to anything you say at that point.

At the moment, I'm downloading the data again, though it somehow recognized that half was already downloaded... using the same microSD card (in a usb reader/adapter). What's equally odd is that, despite having used that card to do the update already, it shows the map data as new for me.

We'll see how this works. If not, I'll try to see if I can find a plain usb flash drive... I should have a few somewhere.

241 - 247 of 247 Posts