Honda HR-V Forum banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good afternoon all:
Well I hope the odyssey is done.
I finally settled on a colour and pattern for the HRV. External modes: all the lights are now LEDs, door sills installed, the hood was plasti-dipped black with orange stripes (long story), body moulding is on and the decal has been applied. I was aiming at a modern interpretation of the 1980s look. I think I've got it..without become a middle age crisis, LOL
I think that is it.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
295 Posts
I broke a little cover.

To be specific, I was swapping in LEDs for the various interior lights and I didn't know how the cover ("lens A") for the vanity mirror lights were supposed to pop off. I forced it off around the top because I saw a small gap on the side near there... it's a trap! After some effort it popped open... while breaking the two tabs up there.

Now, I know... pry at the bottom. :(

I also swapped out the LEDs in my Fit... not that I'll be able to drive it soon enough... still waiting for parts to replace the rear brakes.

Now I have to get a replacement cover... I guess, tomorrow, I'll head over the dealership where I bought the HR-V from, and pick up that part. And while I'm there, I'll pick up the part I was supposed to pick up last week, but forgot about. It's a "cushion, hood" part that apparently fell off my Fit. They're pieces of hard rubber near the front that the hood rests on when closed.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Today (around 1 am), I f'd up my navigation.

As you know, the 2019 navigation uses Gamin. It also includes 5 years of "courtesy" map updates. Well, last night, I downloaded the map from Garmin and installed it as per their directions. Everything went fine, I thought.

Turns out, while I can use voice commands to start navigating, it won't recognize any address or location. After saying any address, it's supposed to either respond that it recognized what you said or not... but now it just sits there, never responding to anything you say at that point.

At the moment, I'm downloading the data again, though it somehow recognized that half was already downloaded... using the same microSD card (in a usb reader/adapter). What's equally odd is that, despite having used that card to do the update already, it shows the map data as new for me.

We'll see how this works. If not, I'll try to see if I can find a plain usb flash drive... I should have a few somewhere.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Double post?

So, I'll start with what my HR-V did to me... scratch/cut up my hands enough that I had to use 7 smaller bandaids and one larger one (that covers a cut and a scratch). Mostly on the right hand...

That said, I got the cuts installing the two accessory ambient lights (center console and footwells). Too bad they're not like the one I installed on the Fit. The one on the HR-V always comes on with the parking lights. Even though the parking lights still need to be on, the one on the Fit has its own on/off button so you can turn it OFF if you feel like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got the remote start installed by the dealership on Monday. Today I installed the rear bumper protector, door visors, and interior LED bulbs from front to back.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I cleaned my outer tail lights... by replacing them with aftermarket ones.

Yeah, I do have the matching inner tail lights, but since I need to do some wiring to get it fully installed, it'll have to wait until I get the additional wiring and connectors I plan on using. It does come with two wires and a bunch of vampire clips, but I'm planning on using connectors similar to the factory one.

I gotta say though... as nice as they look, they are a little bit of a disappointment on the install front.

The OE tail light mounts via "clip" near the pointy/forward end of the tail light, two screws and an alignment pin. The aftermarket one doesn't have the alignment pin and the "clip" portion isn't particularly secure. So, even after tightening the two screws, it was VERY loose and rattled. So what I did was take some tape (I had planned on using duct tape, but got lazy and grabbed the painter's tape I had nearby) and layered onto the plastic "mouth" for the clip.

It much more snug and doesn't rattle... but it leaves quite a large gap around the light. It didn't have that gap when it was loose. Somehow, it pushed the light out a little bit. I might re-do it and put tape on a different plastic part to see if I can get it secure without having it stick out as much.

·
Registered
295 Posts
What a stinker...

Yesterday, I found a dent/scratch in my front left fender. It's actually pretty high up and in/away from the outside edge. From the way it scratches and stops along with the location, my guess is someone opened their rear door (the corner where the back edge arches in to make room for the rear wheel) really hard and right into my fender.

edit: took out the guessed numbers, as they were exaggerated a bit.

Today, I find out that the inner aftermarket tail lights I'm about to finally wire up has one bad LED, leaving a gap in the "light bar." It wouldn't be a problem if it was a local shop with a free replacement warranty, but it's an overseas shop with a 15% exchange fee (not sure if repairs are part of that).

:(

·
Registered
295 Posts
Managed to get the voice commands to work properly.

All the previous updates created a glitch where the voice commands would work for everything except when responding to address/name inputs. At that point, it just sat there instead of attempting to recognize your input.

This time, I drove around and made sure not to park by either my house or work place (the shop was closed, but I needed to go to set something up), as both had wireless access points I was linked into. By parking far enough away, I forced it to only connect via my phone's mobile data. The house and work place access was flaky since the HR-V was outside the buildings.

The reason I did this was because a while back a tech mentioned something about how there was some sort of script the update was supposed to do... I don't know how accurate that was, but I figured I'd try stabilizing my internet connection.

One other thing was, for whatever reason, after the update, it stops at a blank screen after I press "OK" when it tells me the update is finished. Previously, I would shut off the HR-V and then restart it to see if the nav worked. But this time, I pressed random buttons to see if anything worked. Going to the "Home" worked, which then allowed me to go back to a working navigation screen. So, it's possible there some some sort of clean up/setting adjustment that was going on during that blank screen or something.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Added Sparco 17" Terra Wheels. 5lbs lighter than stockies
That wheel... for some reason I both like and dislike that central hub portion.

I like that it blocks out (most of) the brake rotors.

And yet, I dislike that it's so big.

Geh, conflicting with myself.

@[email protected]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Installed splash guards... hopefully, I won't be getting anymore muddy streaks up the side of my HR-V.

I don't off/softroad, so it's pretty freaking annoying.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The splash guards did their job... mostly. Before I installed them, the streaks would've arc'd across every bit of the door you can see. This little bit, I can accept.

Man, the HR-V is reflective.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts