Honda HR-V Forum banner

261 - 280 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just picking it up from the bike shop it worked but I found out today I can get it in with the wheel still on but I’m looking at mounts for longer trips.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
484 Posts
I thought about trying out the blacked out badges... but they don't have one for "Touring."

:(

·
Registered
484 Posts
Earlier today, I took the tire to get it fixed because it had big ol nail in the tread face... the same tire that previously had a bolt borrow its way in the tread face. Close enough that I was able to take a picture of both of the repaired spots. :(

The puncture was on Saturday, so I had been driving on the spare since then. Sure, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System saying something is wrong was to be expected... I didn't expect the Lane Keep Assist to complain, followed by the Road Departure Mitigation system, then the Anti-lock Brake System and finally the "Brake System" (yes, separate from ABS) light. The TPMS, LKAS and RDM also triggered a message in the head unit.

So many warnings, it's like a freaking Christmas tree.

Yeah, lots of pebbles/gravel. I do deliveries and these folks love pebble/gravel driveways. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and have been enjoying all the posts. Has any of the members been car camping with your honda HRV? My wife and have been using my HRV on several camping trips and would like to see if anyone else are car campers too.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
I swapped in LEDs for the license plate lights for all of five hours. Swapped in before going to work (4:30pm) and swapped them out when I got back home (9:10pm)

While there was still daylight out, I noticed the brighter light on the ground just behind the HR-V when backing up and when I used the side camera going forward... a hint of what’s to come.

Sure enough, at night, it actually became harder to see through the backup camera. Not much, but enough for me to notice.

You might wonder why, if the light is so bright... and it actually is because the light is too bright. The license plate and ground close to the HR-V return too much light, which causes the camera to dim everything else. Again, it isn’t much so, if you don’t back up often, you might not notice. But I do deliveries in the evening, so I end up backing up a lot to get out of parking and in/out driveways.

Its sort of the same that happens when there‘s an oncoming car at night. The headlights make the immediate surrounding seem darker and harder to see because your eyes/pupils narrow slightly to reduce the overall amount of light coming in, lest you go blind. Cameras do it to lower the exposure, I think.

That said, if your goal is to see the immediate foreground, close to the HR-V, then it’s fine, I suppose. But I want to see as much and as far back as possible, so this ends up being detrimental for me.

Luckily, the LED swap over a year ago for the actual backup light has helped.

261 - 280 of 289 Posts