Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I use the magnetic mount vent clip by Scosche. It works great but general concern with the vent clip mounts is phone getting too warm in winter (Canada dude here) when the heater is on.
I was using the vent mount but switched to the CD slot mount from Scosche. It holds more securely and does not block the vent but does block most of the screen. I put a metal plate on the back of my phone and also on the back of my Garmin connector (just below the part that the ball usually snaps into). Just can't mount both phone and Garmin at the same time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That vent doesn't close - located between wheel and touchscreen. I think that the solution is to run floor/defrost combo instead of front vents - I was seeing if anyone else had same concern. Having said this my thoughts are that this IS the best location for a phone mount. For anyone wondering the Kenu airvent clip works too but find that short trips it becomes a pain to mount and unmount where the magnet style is good for all situations

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

Recently, I leased a 2019 HRV Touring model.

2 questions:
1. What is the best phone holder / mount?
2. Where is the best place to mount it?

The vent directly to the right of the steering wheel would be ideal BUT it blocks the vent. And because I am leasing, I don't want to stick anything to the dash.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI! I have a 2021 EX-L and am looking for suggestions for phone holders that aren't too bulky. I use the Car Play mode, so no longer have to see my phone for nav. Don't really want to mount to windshield. Thanks

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,303 Posts
If you have an audio system with a CD slot you could use a CD slot mount. I used the one in the attached phot when I used my mobile for satnav, however, since I've upgraded my TomTom I use a slimmer version for when watching videos and YouTube when parked up for rest breaks et al

The mobile phone slots on either side of the centre console are big enough to accommodate a Samsung S9 in a jelly case!

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,303 Posts
The problem with vent mounted mobile holders is the hot air being blown on to the phone can cause them to over heat during cold weather. Also, if you attach the metal disc directly on to the phone it can cause issues with some of the phones sensors and again can cause overheating issues.

Brodit holders were very popular and highly recommended on my previous vehicles owners forum, and although I personally thought they were expensive for what they were, at least you can still keep the mounting point and just buy the appropriate adaptor if and when you change your mobile;

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
202 Posts
The problem with vent mounted mobile holders is the hot air being blown on to the phone can cause them to over heat during cold weather. Also, if you attach the metal disc directly on to the phone it can cause issues with some of the phones sensors and again can cause overheating issues.

Brodit holders were very popular and highly recommended on my previous vehicles owners forum, and although I personally thought they were expensive for what they were, at least you can still keep the mounting point and just buy the appropriate adaptor if and when you change your mobile;

I saw this on AliExpress today. Looks like it might solve someone's problem.

·
Registered
361 Posts

My phone has a silicone case which mitigates both issues

41 - 58 of 58 Posts