Honda HR-V Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So you didn't take it to the dealer because the lights turned off? I suggest recording it on your phone and showing it to a service tech at the dealer.
Thank you for your reply.

Today I went to the Honda dealer today, and they told me they need approval to dig deeper to come to a conclusion. But until then they thing the wires have been sliced or tampered with. Which is not the case. I am aware of the two electrical mods that has been done to me car.
  • I added a subwoofer (got it installed professionally)
  • Swapped my OEM tail lights to a different style tail lights. The tail light was plug-play. So all I did was connect the OEM tail light wiring to the aftermarket tail light.
None of the mod required me to tamper with any wiring harness. So, if they can blame the mods/addition then my warranty is void and I have to pay 135$/hr for labour cost to get to the bottom of this. And then on top of that I have to pay for the repair.

·
Super Moderator
1,482 Posts
I'd double check to make sure that no wires are damaged before taking it to the dealer. It could've happened with road debri and not necessarily something that you tampered with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd double check to make sure that no wires are damaged before taking it to the dealer. It could've happened with road debri and not necessarily something that you tampered with.
Thank you for the reply. I agree! I should have. But to double check the wires I need to remove the interior walls/trims. And, I have never done that before. I have no experience in that. I didn't wanted to break it either.

·
Super Moderator
1,482 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I agree! I should have. But to double check the wires I need to remove the interior walls/trims. And, I have never done that before. I have no experience in that. I didn't wanted to break it either.
Where does the dealer suspect the alleged damaged wires are located? I was thinking of the wiring for the electric calipers inside the wheel well. I don't know if you have facebook, but someone there had a similar issue. You can try asking him what the dealer fixed.

·
Registered
334 Posts
As soon as you drove your HRV into the Honda dealer's service bay looking for warranty service, of course the dealer was suspicious based on the way your HRV looks.
Your HRV looks heavily modified even though it may not be.

So it is standard procedure for the dealer to advise you that any repairs may be caused by the mods to your HRV and therefore not covered under warranty.

Since your brake calipers have been painted and you are having electric parking brake issues, the dealer tech likely advised the dealer representative that any brake repairs may not be covered by warranty.
Without investigating, the dealer has no way of knowing if any of your mods have caused the issue.

Modifying your vehicle while it is under warranty can have negative consequences, including denial of warranty coverage and pushback from the dealer every time you make a warranty claim.
"If you play (with your new car under warranty), you may have to pay".

Hopefully nothing serious with your HRV and it gets resolved with minimum issues and cost.

·
Registered
2016 HR-V EX
207 Posts
None of the mod required me to tamper with any wiring harness. So, if they can blame the mods/addition then my warranty is void and I have to pay 135$/hr for labour cost to get to the bottom of this. And then on top of that I have to pay for the repair.
If you end up having to pay but can prove that it wasn't your mods that caused the problem, bring up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you end up having to pay but can prove that it wasn't your mods that caused the problem, bring up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

oh wrap! Thank you. That's what I am trying to do. I am removing all the mods to see if this happens or not. If which I know will happen. I will file complain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, the problem hasn't come back, so I think it's solved, for me.

If you have Honda dealers that do some repair work, you could try asking them to see if it's the same issue for you.
Could I ask which switch? Where is it located so I can point my mechanic in the right direction.
I changed my battery lasted a few months and then the light was back on and now worse than ever.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
542 Posts
Could I ask which switch? Where is it located so I can point my mechanic in the right direction.
I changed my battery lasted a few months and then the light was back on and now worse than ever.
Its the actual parking switch you use to turn on the parking brake in the center console.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my hrv for three years. Today the red parking light came out blinking either engaged/disengaged parking brakes, the orange color P sign, another orange color sign came out. Went to Honda service, they doesn't even take a look at my car, instead telling me to come back in one week as there is no more slot for appointment. Feeling disappointed as they could have take a few minute to take a look and check out, at least they can tell me if the car is safe to drive.
Hi
Did you fix the problem at the end?
I am having the same..
changing the battery has fixed the issue for a couple of days

61 - 70 of 70 Posts