Honda HR-V Forum banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

· Read only
3 Posts
I installed this yesterday, and when I booted it up it requested the unlock code. Called Honda and they took the VIN from my HRV, and not the CRV...

My question is, to get the software update does it matter if it is the CRV VIN or HRV VIN registered for unlock code?

I'm running into an issue where the USB with the update is formatted correctly, and has the file on it.... but when put in doesn't seem to read it. So this is why i'm thinking it might have to do with the VIN?

This was pulled from a CRV EX, and installed in a HRV EX.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi! I have a Honda HR-V 1.5 Elegance CVT. I want to buy a CR-V headunit, but before buy a random 2015/16 CR-V headunit, I want to make sure which model I need. Can anyone help me? (I read the whole thread, but Im not sure)

Thanks,
Adam

· Registered
2016 Honda HR-V EX FWD
85 Posts
To anyone watching this thread and looking for the head unit to do this upgrade, I have just posted one for sale with the CarPlay patch already installed.

Edit: If interested, please PM me. I will not be checking this forum much anymore.

· Registered
15 Posts
Just performed this upgrade on my 2016 EX. The dash kit mentioned above fits perfectly and is available from Amazon. You don't need to choose a size, it comes with a spacer so it fits multiple head unit sizes. Didn't need the spacer. Performing the unit upgrade is finicky - needed to use the right USB port, not the left one and only a usb 2.0 drive. A huge upgrade over the stock head unit.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Gadget

Font Material property Electronic device Technology Auto part

· Registered
3 Posts
Random question. Can I just order a 2020 HR-V head unit that is already equipped with CarPlay. Then yank mine (2016) out and plug the new one in? Has anyone tried it or looked into it? I feel like it would be a super easy fix. Perfect fit with plug and play hook up.

· Registered
15 Posts
Random question. Can I just order a 2020 HR-V head unit that is already equipped with CarPlay. Then yank mine (2016) out and plug the new one in? Has anyone tried it or looked into it? I feel like it would be a super easy fix. Perfect fit with plug and play hook up.
You could buy the CR-V head unit that's already had the software update applied from the person above and the dash kit. Then it's a direct swap. These units have become harder to find - mine was $300 on eBay.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello - we completed this upgrade about a year ago on our 2016 EX. We just purchased a 2017 EX-L and I'd like to do the same. I've reviewed this thread but most of the info is for the EX models only. Can someone confirm this can be accomplished with a 2017 EX-L and which CRV radio I need to try to find - I assume an EX-l but I see reference to with nav and without. Our 2017 HR-V does have Nav, not sure if that matters? I still have by USB from the last install and assume it should work with the new radio and that nothing has changed with the software?

Thanks in advance for your help!

· Registered
1 Posts
I saw a post on here from another user(johan0600) whom use a 2015-2016 Honda CRV radio to get apple carplay. I bought Honda CRV radio from ebay and the software update from an ebay user. I also bought the radio trim bezel, not the same as the guy use from amazon, but a glossy one from china which is for the Honda Vezel. It actually worked. I went ahead use the old mounting bracket from my HRV and plugged in the connectors which are literally the same plugs. Did the update and kept all the same original features. Did not need to trim anything on the chinese radio bezel it fit right in. Thanks Johan0600 for making the original post. This was a east swap and cost less $300 to do. Did not have splice any wires or trim anything.

Hi there,
I need your help, if you able to tell me that this crv unit would work on my 2016 hrv
Im from Australia
Thank you for your help

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Turned out to be faulty USB drive…. Used another I had and that worked. My wife now has CarPlay. Thank you all for the forum, and guide on how to do this!
Hi - I have just installed a CRV unit in my HRV EX. I got the unit from a user on this forum, whom also had it previously used it with success on his HRV. However, when I first turned it on it prompted for a code which I do not have. Did you bypass the code by just re-flashing the unit with a USB2.0 drive? Did you get the firmware online?
Thank you for your precious help!

141 - 160 of 164 Posts