Honda HR-V Forum banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
460 Posts
The critical point for everyone to be aware of is that you have to have a 2016-2018 HRV EX or higher trim level for this swap to work.
Plus the amplifier differences if you have an HRV EXL or are swapping in a head unit from a CRV EX-L into a lower level HRV.

It does appear that for plug and play that you need to swap in a CRV EX head unit into a HRV EX.
And a CRV EX-L head unit into a HRV EX-L.
Plus be aware that this thread only applies to US 2016-2018 HRV's.

I wonder if one of the mods could change this thread title to include the critical trim detail?
@Einz @SlowFosho

Perhaps improve the thread title to:
"Finally Carplay for 2016-2018 HRV EX or Higher Trim Models! (CRV Head Unit)"

Just a thought that will help everyone before they consider this swap.
Y'all should be advised of the above quote. I read the whole thread when researching this and I'm sure a lot of people haven't done that. Not to mention that this is a somewhat technical and complicated upgrade.

·
Read only
3 Posts
I installed this yesterday, and when I booted it up it requested the unlock code. Called Honda and they took the VIN from my HRV, and not the CRV...

My question is, to get the software update does it matter if it is the CRV VIN or HRV VIN registered for unlock code?

I'm running into an issue where the USB with the update is formatted correctly, and has the file on it.... but when put in doesn't seem to read it. So this is why i'm thinking it might have to do with the VIN?

This was pulled from a CRV EX, and installed in a HRV EX.

·
Read only
3 Posts
Turned out to be faulty USB drive…. Used another I had and that worked. My wife now has CarPlay. Thank you all for the forum, and guide on how to do this!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I have a Honda HR-V 1.5 Elegance CVT. I want to buy a CR-V headunit, but before buy a random 2015/16 CR-V headunit, I want to make sure which model I need. Can anyone help me? (I read the whole thread, but Im not sure)

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
3 Posts
I forgot this: Im not from USA, Im from Hungary, Europe. It is possible to replace the OEM for me?
Thanks,
Adam

141 - 149 of 149 Posts