Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Few months ago I got Smart entry problem yellow key and stayed on . Every fresh start cleared the problem but appeared again and again. Now , after cleaning my car battery terminal leaked battery deposits , the light does not show frequently. Once in a way it shows up. It is time to install a new car battery 4 yrs old. As suggested above I plan too to install a new start button if a new battery does not help to get rid of the issue. Hope for the success.
Installation of new HONDA car battery after a thorough cleaning of battery terminal has solved my Smart entry Yellow key show up problem. (HRV-2016)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Few months ago I got Smart entry problem yellow key and stayed on . Every fresh start cleared the problem but appeared again and again. Now , after cleaning my car battery terminal leaked battery deposits , the light does not show frequently. Once in a way it shows up. It is time to install a new car battery 4 yrs old. As suggested above I plan too to install a new start button if a new battery does not help to get rid of the issue. Hope for the success.
Just read my update under KS. I installed original Honda Car battery. Make sure your Fob battery has required volts.if not change it.
Just read my update under KS. I installed original Honda Car battery. Make sure your Fob battery has required volts.if not change it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The system entry problem has come up again following the three weeks of relief, It seems like I have to try installing a new smart entry push button or install the old push button as a try after cleaning it using appropriate method . The switch works fine otherwise except for the caution light (yellow key).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any other fixes to this
Bought and replaced the start switch (easy to do)
Light is still on, I have no issues starting the car and the key fob works with no issues
Sadly my car alarm goes off randomly as well. Ive resorted to removing the battery connection at night incase the alarm goes off. Not sure if these issues are related

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have a 2016 Honda HRV. My smart entry dash warning light came on. Key fob battery did seem to be getting a bit slow. I bought a new battery for it. But when I got in the car after buying the battery, the light had gone off. I replaced the battery anyway because it was nearly two years old. Thought all was fine but light has come on and gone off two more times. Right now it is currently off. I know if I bring it to the dealer and there are no symptoms of a problem, they will say everything is fine and charge me for telling me that. Has anyone experienced this?
I know this is a very old post, but I found it when looking for the same problem with my HRV. I took it to the dealer this morning, and they replaced the Start button. In and out in 30 minutes, and it looks like the issue is fixed. They knew exactly what needed to be done, so maybe it's become a common enough issue the last couple of years it's being fixed more quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have a 2016 Honda HRV. My smart entry dash warning light came on. Key fob battery did seem to be getting a bit slow. I bought a new battery for it. But when I got in the car after buying the battery, the light had gone off. I replaced the battery anyway because it was nearly two years old. Thought all was fine but light has come on and gone off two more times. Right now it is currently off. I know if I bring it to the dealer and there are no symptoms of a problem, they will say everything is fine and charge me for telling me that. Has anyone experienced this?
Yes I am getting this quire often.Very annoying.Can stay on for days then will disappear for days.

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
83 Posts
As I posted before, I had my warning light come on virtually every time I started the car. After the battery had been flatted 3 times, I replaced the battery in the car hoping that would help. Nope.
I ordered a replacement ignition switch through Aliexpress. It has the identical numbers and markings as the OEM part. https://tinyurl.com/y3cjrddu Notice the price! $23 vs $150.
10 minutes and boom...that light won't bother me for awhile.
Been in the car about 3 weeks..all good.
This link takes you to a page in foreign language. Can you post a link in English?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Why not let the Honda North American recall resolve the issue:
2016-2018, 9 years, 125000 miles warranty on the keyless entry button.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts