Honda HR-V Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I have had my 2018 HR-V EX since it was brand new, use my tailgate probably 10 times a day. It was fine until 6 months ago and it started to get inconsistent, 2nd latch hanging mostly. I used to be able to walk up with my key fob in pocket and open it in one motion. . As of tonight, I can't open it a;;. Was hoping there was a solution I could try myself before going to the dealer, as it will take a couple weeks to get in there with an appt. I use my HR V for work, so not being able to open the tailgate is a super pain.

· Registered
1 Posts
Found a possible solution. I was about to change the complete trunk harness when I discovered cables were bent at one of the connectors. Straightened the cables and the
Electrical wiring Gas Cable Wire Electrical supply

Gas Cable Electrical wiring Wire Electrical supply

trunk started unlatching without problems, bent the cables again and it would stop working. As a temporary solution, straightened the cables with electric tape and it has been working perfectly since.
2017 Honda HR-V LX

· Registered
1 Posts
I have recently bought a 2018 HR-V EX for my wife and now my tailgate won't open either all of a sudden. That this seems to be such a common problem, and possibly a safety issue, (like if you had a flat tire and can't get into the rear compartment to get the jack and tire out) maybe it should be a recall item to fix it on all of these HR-Vs.

· Registered
1 Posts
Found a possible solution. I was about to change the complete trunk harness when I discovered cables were bent at one of the connectors. Straightened the cables and the View attachment 33079
View attachment 33078

trunk started unlatching without problems, bent the cables again and it would stop working. As a temporary solution, straightened the cables with electric tape and it has been working perfectly since.
2017 Honda HR-V LX
how did you reach those cables and where they are?

· Registered
1 Posts
Dear friends and HR-V owners, I had the same issue with the tailgate. I pressed the (left) button on the tailgate but no sound from the lock came out. I have replaced the button (part bought from ebay) on myself. The problem hasn't been solved. I have a second HR-V car for my wife and I have swapped all the parts from one car to another. The problem in the former car was there but its parts were fine when placed to the second one. So I have opened the rubber pipe which is placed in the top left side of the tailgate and can be accessible when the tailgate is open. You can find there all the wires transfering signals to the tailgate electronic parts. The black wire, which is for the ground, was cut. I have joined them with the help of an extension and everything is working perfect.

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi just some information to help. Honda HRV 2015 1.6idtec. From England. Boot became unlocked by itself whilst driving on the highway.
Tailgate warning light came on.
Checked. Could not actually open the tailgate. It appeared still hooked on.
Looks like one of two things. The soft switch to open tailgate. Or the tailgate lock
Anyway to release the tailgate lock from the hook on the car. There is a little white cover on the lock. See photo. Remove cover insert screw and push right in metal bit you see.
My HRV does not have any levers as such.
Feedback welcome. Check yours in case you ever need to use it.

Attachments

61 - 67 of 67 Posts