Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you trade it for another Honda? Or something else. I am wondering how my situation is going to unfold...ugh.
No," fool me once shame on you fool me twice... ." I went for the cheapest of a quality brand that starts w the letter L model starts with UX since we are not allow to promote brands here. After trading it (was paid for) I ended up w less than what I paid for the HRV and the difference is from earth to heaven. With this of the virus now is the time to do it since most dealers are ready to sell is a buyers market

·
Registered
5 Posts
No," fool me once shame on you fool me twice... ." I went for the cheapest of a quality brand that starts w the letter L model starts with UX since we are not allow to promote brands here. After trading it (was paid for) I ended up w less than what I paid for the HRV and the difference is from earth to heaven. With this of the virus now is the time to do it since most dealers are ready to sell is a buyers market
Good deal. :) Mine is just at a year old. I put 10K cash down and owe about 18K...don't want to lose on it. Bought the extra warranty etc. I am seriously thinking about doing something though..grrr. I have had two Mazda's with sunroofs parked in the same spot as my HRV and NEVER had an issue. I just got a call and they said someone is going to check on the seal of the sunroof to see why so much debris is getting in...I don't know...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Car leakings BUCKETS OF water inside the car (rear door ad spare tire well) after 3 years and 34k miles ( I waited to 38K to take it and that is why dealer wanted $330 to strat gueassing wich seal was leaking) In 40 years of car shopping this one is the first time I see this poor craftsmanship/materials and then the refusal of the dealer to fix it under waranty. Those were bad omen for the car. This was a bad sign. Here is a tip for you for car shopping if you go that way. After you do your on line reasearch of prices features etc., of what you want you go car shoppig in a rainy day. You will get a get better deal in a car if you go at the end of the month and if rainy day preferable, dealers are more willing to negociate. I traded it at the end of Dec because did not want the HRV to depreceiated another year before trading also look for the 0% these corona virus days. Good luck. Let me know how it ends :).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I have a 2016 HRV which I bought brand new from a Honda dealership. This year, after it rains, there is a large water puddle inside the car on the front passenger floor bed. This has happened quite a few times. I did not leave the window open if anyone was wondering. I took it to the Honda dealer service and they basically said it was a clogged air conditioner. They apparently fixed and I paid $150 for the diagnostic and repair out of pocket though I was still in my 3 year warranty. 3 weeks later, after it rained, there is still a puddle in my car. The interior now has a foul odor due to the water damage. I take the car back to the same Honda service. It’s been over a week and a half and they never contact me to update me. I call and the mechanic says he still can’t find the source. My warranty expires in a few days.
Has anyone had this issue with the leak? I called Honda and made complaint. I don’t know what to do at this point. Please help.
Same problem after 12 months the drivers side floor is a swimming pool, Honda have no idea clogged water water drain maybe, but Honda cannot tell me where the drain is, bloody hopeless for a 4 year old car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. I have a 2016 HRV which I bought brand new from a Honda dealership. This year, after it rains, there is a large water puddle inside the car on the front passenger floor bed. This has happened quite a few times. I did not leave the window open if anyone was wondering. I took it to the Honda dealer service and they basically said it was a clogged air conditioner. They apparently fixed and I paid $150 for the diagnostic and repair out of pocket though I was still in my 3 year warranty. 3 weeks later, after it rained, there is still a puddle in my car. The interior now has a foul odor due to the water damage. I take the car back to the same Honda service. It’s been over a week and a half and they never contact me to update me. I call and the mechanic says he still can’t find the source. My warranty expires in a few days.
Has anyone had this issue with the leak? I called Honda and made complaint. I don’t know what to do at this point. Please help.
I had the same problem along with water inside of the rear door. Water accumulated there after every rain by the buket also and you can hear it slushing when you take a curve. Took it to a Honda dealer with 38K miles and 3 and 1/2 yrs. Honda refused to fix it under warranty and wanted $250 labor and $85.0 in parts. Honda refused to fix it since it was out of warranty after 36k mi. I refused to fix it also since in 40 years of buying cars this is the first time that after 3 years water gets in the car by the buckets. sign of cvraftmanship/part problems. I traded the car in at the end of the year before depreciated one more year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found a rubber cap that fits into a hole high up on the drivers side under dash and under the carpet, the black cap had fallen out of the hole when it rains very hard the water gets in the hole, the cap need to be put back maybe glued in, i fond it today after looking all day when the drivers side was flooded. try dry out the carpet now easy but glue the plug back in the hole.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found a rubber cap that fits into a hole high up on the drivers side under dash and under the carpet, the black cap had fallen out of the hole when it rains very hard the water gets in the hole, the cap need to be put back maybe glued in, i fond it today after looking all day when the drivers side was flooded. try dry out the carpet now easy but glue the plug back in the hole.
View attachment 30703
that side of the plug for a better name goes into the hole, the other side is flat

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2016 HRV and have had this problem "fixed" twice. Both times I would accumulate tons of water in the passenger slide floorboard when it rained. The first time I thought maybe it was because I'd had the windshield replaced and there was a problem with the seal, but they ultimately told me there was a kink in the hose that drained the sunroof, and that it was a manufacturing error, and so didn't charge me. The second time I came back (two years later) they told me that I had too much leaf mould accumulated near the windshield (true, haven't been driving much lately and didn't notice) and charged me $250 to clean it out. and told me to take the car to the carwash on the regular to prevent buildup. Fine, but that didn't help, so went back again after the next rainstorm led to a new passenger-side pond. That time they told me the sunroof drain was clogged again and charged me $150 to clean it out. The day I brought it for the second leak/third fix, in the technician who checked me in noted that he'd had someone else come in that day with the same problem. Aside from being annoyed, I'm wondering if there is anything preventative to be done - other than moving to a place with a garage, which seems an excessive response. Oh, and I have a tub of DampRid in the car in hopes it can finish sucking up any remaining moisture. The trade-in temptation is strong...but I just made the last payment., and I do mostly like the car otherwise. :( Anyone know if the newer models have the same issues?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts