Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a used transmission put in at 112,000 miles, now 70K later this one is leaking and Honda wants $7100 to install a new one. I filed a claim and this is the response I got, basically too bad, your problem......

Thank you for allowing Honda Automobile Customer Service the opportunity of responding to your message. We are sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the transmission on your 2017 HR-V. We understand this is an upsetting situation and we appreciate you taking the time to inform us. The original transmission warranty is 5 years or 60,000 miles for defects, whichever ends first. A remanufactured transmission purchased from a Honda dealership would receive a 3 year or 36,000 miles warranty. If the dealer installed a used transmission, it would not receive any warranty. We reviewed this concern and verified the vehicle does not have a safety recall, warranty extension, or Product update. Unfortunately, the vehicle is currently outside of all warranties based on the high mileage and any repair cost would be at the owner's expense. We recommend visiting a Honda dealership for an inspection to confirm the needed repair. Thank you and have a good rest of your day.

Kind regards,

Honda Automobile Customer Service
I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how it feels because mine went out in March with 116,000 miles and I had to pay over $6,500 out of pocket at the dealership. How much did you have to pay for the used transmission?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how it feels because mine went out in March with 116,000 miles and I had to pay over $6,500 out of pocket at the dealership. How much did you have to pay for the used transmission?
Around $2500 for the used, think they went after the company that made the transmission fluid for the rest of it. Too bad it didn't make it 2 years and now that one's bad..... Honda wants $7100 for a new one now, car books out at $9K

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Why wouldn’t this be part of Honda warranty extension? Seems like if you showed your receipts, you would be eligible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thx4pdf's. Had issues with 2018 hrv/cvt over year ago. Took to dealer, mechanic heard the noises. Service mgr takes ride and says does not hear. I had them document visit. Asked mechanic and service mgr about repairs and they said "honda does not repair cvt's" other than software changes, drain and replace fluid, they just replace transmission if issues. So we drove off with that in mind and concerned about future performance of the drive train.

Forward now to 16JUN21 and service on hrv at honda. We had not received the cvt notification by mail yet and honda said "recall software update" performed along with scheduled service. Just received the notification today, 21JUN21, regarding the cvt issue and honda's approach to the problem(s).

So guess the option we will follow is to run vehicle and hope for the best...monitor sounds, performance as well.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts