Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
This is horrible. As much as I like Honda, all of these posts regarding several different models having issues is making me think twice about them. That Celaya plant needs needs to get it's **** together.
In a forum that people who have a problem with their car will gravitate towards, you are going to hear about problems. Huge masses of Honda owners that have not had a single problem by and large will not be in this forum.

I am an exception and not part of a SILENT and satisfied majority as I joined HRVForum as an HRV enthusiast. Have 17k on a 2016 without a single problem or even an annoying noise.

Don

·
Super Moderator
1,482 Posts
In a forum that people who have a problem with their car will gravitate towards, you are going to hear about problems. Huge masses of Honda owners that have not had a single problem by and large will not be in this forum.

I am an exception and not part of a SILENT and satisfied majority as I joined HRVForum as an HRV enthusiast. Have 17k on a 2016 without a single problem or even an annoying noise.

Don
It only took you 2 years to reply to my post? Hehe

Well, I've had my HR-V for almost 3 years now and have put 23K miles on it. So far, I haven't had any major issues so I'm still happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
418 Posts

Don
What he said! I love my HRV.

There are thousands and thousands of satisfied, enthusiastic HRV owners. Not writing on this forum, but driving happy every day. You can look at that as the glass mostly full. Or worry about what is lacking.

I’m pretty sure there’s a whole thread here devoted to what people like about their HRVs. Read every post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue with my car. I DID leave off the gas cap, which explains the engine light being on. No idea about the parking lights. The parking brake engages and disengages when I need. My brake fluid level was not at max, so I added a little more. I just passed the 30K miles point, so I am worried what the dealership will charge for these light checks, even though everything is working just fine. Brakes are important, which is the only reason I will go have it checked out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my hrv for three years. Today the red parking light came out blinking either engaged/disengaged parking brakes, the orange color P sign, another orange color sign came out. Went to Honda service, they doesn't even take a look at my car, instead telling me to come back in one week as there is no more slot for appointment. Feeling disappointed as they could have take a few minute to take a look and check out, at least they can tell me if the car is safe to drive.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Yeah that's pretty bad. If you're out of warranty, try a non dealership. A light on the dash means there's a code anybody can check out, many places can give free estimates

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put mine in the shop for the same reason. 2016 HRV 6 speed manual. Had to have the rear pads and rotors replaced, then a week later the lights start flashing and parking brake wont disengage. Had to let it sit for about 20 minutes. Took it to the Honda dealership and I am told its because the right rear electronic caliper is grabbing. Was informed that when the brakes and rotors were replaced it needs to be in "Maintenance mode" in order to change them. Meaning dealer only

·
Registered
146 Posts
um, wmsbtrfly...

At 30-thousand miles, you added brake fluid yourself - filling the reservoir to the max?
Did i read that correctly?

Any reason you could share regarding why you decided that was a sound and correct decision and action?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
As your pads slowly wear the calipers fill with additional fluid to compensate.
As long as the level is between the min and max levels it should be fine, unless you suspect some kind of leak.
The only reason I wouldn’t fill to the max line with well worn pads is when you go to replace he pads, you need to compress the calipers forcing the fluid back into he reservoir.
If you topped the reservoir to the max, you risk overflowing when you put new pads in

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had same problems with light on. Just came from dealership where they reset codes and blamed accident I was in almost 2 years ago. Said it was something the body shop did (not dealer body shop)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took mine back to dealer with the same problem. They said it was a voltage problem from the battery allegedly draining on the lot. They cleared the code from the computer, then retested, but no error codes came up so it seemed it was fixed. Now a day later the same warning lights as posted above are all back on and the car is going back to the service department tomorrow; I have not even owned it a week. I have owned three great Hondas in my time but could not be more disappointed with the apparent lack of quality control here.
I had this problem on my HRV. The Red Brake light flashing and yellow Park Brake and check ENG light. The problem is caused by a low voltage from the battery. I had mine checked and even though it the car would start the voltage was low. I bought a new battery, all the lights are out now and works fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a Honda lover; however, I am not loving them anymore. My last last 3 purchases were Honda's so I just purchased the HRV and I am extremely disappointed. I bought the car brand new 4 months ago and the first month of having it the air conditioner goes out. Then the car starts making a rattling noise when I accelerate and the more I drive it the louder it gets and now it feels as if it stalls when the noise is being heard. The repair shop said they don't know what it is but Honda is aware of it and I am just going to have to wait till they figure out a fix. I told them I do not feel safe driving it and they said there is nothing they can do. Last week the check engine light came on as well as the blinking Park light and the light with the P and exclamation point. All lights have been on for over a week. I just turned 4,000 miles. A new vehicle should not have so many issues. I contacted Honda and a service rep said he would look into it and I would hear back. When I called again and talked with the same rep he said he cannot do anything about it. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and I was told I was not permitted to because they are to busy to speak to customers. The sales rep said he would email his supervisor and then he would let me know what the supervisor says. He suggested that I take the vehicle to another dealership that is over an hour away. I explained that I work and I could not drive 2 hours to take my car to be looked at and then another 2 hours to pick it up. I again expressed my concerns and asked to speak with a supervisor and again I was told no and that I could talk to no one higher then the customer service person. I still have not heard back from anyone. At this point I am ready to contact a lawyer. I cannot believe the lack of service I am receiving or the trouble I am having with a brand new car.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would disconnect the negative battery cable for about 10 minutes and see if that straightens it out. Also check the voltage, at rest, not with the engine running. Low-voltage can make alarms go off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this problem on my HRV. The Red Brake light flashing and yellow Park Brake and check ENG light. The problem is caused by a low voltage from the battery. I had mine checked and even though it the car would start the voltage was low. I bought a new battery, all the lights are out now and works fine.
i have the same issue, any updates ,what you do ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replace your battery

i have the same issue, any updates ,what you do ?
Yes replace your battery. Clearing the code will not fix the problem. The problem is a the low battery voltage. I left mine on the charger overnight and still had the problem. The next day I put in a new battery, the code cleared automatically and problem is gone.

Replace your battery if you have the Flashing Red Brake light, Amber Brake light and Check Engine light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here, but I purchased a 16 hrv this past November. 2 weeks after purchasing, I had several dash lights come on (break, park break, transmission) as well as the gear light on dash was lite up showing all the gears. 2 trips to 2 different garages & they would clear the lights, saying the computer lost communication. I replaced the battery thinking that may be the issue, but the dash lights continued to come on. Took it to a 3rd garage today & after a more thorough check on the computer, they said they had no idea what coukd be causing the issue with the dash lights... they did however tell me that the transmission is messing up. My hrv has around 83,000 miles & since purchasing, the dealership has somewhat been working with me in the issues as the warranty was expired upon purchasing & I did not buy extended warranty ?‍♀. Back to the dealership I go on Monday to see how we can resolve this issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have the same problem with yours. I will try to change the battery and see how.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts